These June crafts for preschoolers are the perfect addition to several summer themes. Make them during your summer camp, craft time, turn them into a summer station, use them as fun morning work, or create them at home during your summer break.
June Crafts For Preschoolers
June crafts are perfect for summertime crafting. Whether you’re planning a summer school craft session, a camp activity, or you’re creating at home. There is a great craft for kids to make this month.
While kids of all ages will enjoy these easy crafts, they are perfect for pairing with your favorite June preschool themes. These fun projects are perfect for stations, creating during summer vacation, during hot days, or on a rainy day.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
June Preschool Themes
Here are several exciting themes you can explore in your classroom. Use one or fill the entire month with these special days and themes. Then find a craft project to go with the theme!
- Fish (Fishing Week, Week 1)
- Bikes (World Bicycle Day is June 3rd)
- Doughnuts (National Doughnut Day is the first Friday in June)
- Flags (Flag Day is June 14th)
- Hot Air Balloons
- Ice Cream
- Ocean Animals (World Ocean Day is June 8th)
- Picnic (International Picnic Day is June 18th)
- Rainforest (World Rainforest Day is June 22nd)
- Seashells (National Seashell Day is June 21st)
- Summer (Summer Solstice is in June)
- June Holidays
- Juneteenth (June 19th)
- Father’s Day (3rd Sunday in June)
Our Favorite Craft Supplies
When creating these cute summer-themed activities, you are probably going to want to stock up on some supplies.
These simple materials are perfect for crafting with young kids. While not each of them is used in the crafts below, they are all staples in our craft bin. If you don’t have any on hand, that might be ok. Take a look at the craft first to see whether or not you need them.
- Construction Paper – One of our favorite craft supplies.
- Cardboard – Perfect for using up all those boxes you get in the mail!
- Craft Sticks or popsicle sticks – A classic staple, use them in your craft or to mix paint.
- Kid-Friendly paint – Kids love to get messy! Check out our favorite tips for painting with young children.
- Googly Eyes – You can literally add them to any project and it instantly becomes cuter.
- Tissue Paper – We always have this on hand. Buy it new or use or save it from birthday parties and holidays.
- Toilet Paper Rolls/Paper Towel Rolls – A great way to recycle your paper tubes is to use them in crafts!
- Paper Plates – Grab this party supply to create fun crafts.
- Contact Paper – We use this a lot to create suncatcher crafts
- Pipe Cleaners – Their bendy and hold their shape, which makes for some fun creating!
- Coffee Filters – This inexpensive item is fun to create with.
- Pom Poms – Fluffy and always fun.
- Egg Cartons – Recycle these into fantastic crafts!
- Puffy Paint – Makes great snow!!
- Cotton Balls – Perfect for fuzzy tails.
Pin this collection of June craft ideas
Are you still brainstorming your lesson plans? No worries, just pin this to your favorite craft board so you can easily find these fun crafts
More monthly preschool crafts
Enjoy more fun holidays and monthly theme ideas.
- May Crafts – Spring, Suns, and more!
- July Crafts – Fireworks, Sunshine, and more! (coming soon…)
Please share this collection of June activities for kids
This site wouldn’t be here without shares from people like you, and we are so thankful that you took the time to visit Twitchetts.
Know a friend who is looking for June crafts for preschoolers? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite board on Pinterest.