These Bug Crafts for preschool kids are a great way to learn about insects while creating. Using simple craft supplies, children can create crafts that they will be proud to display. These are great for in the classroom or at home.
Bug Crafts For Preschool
These easy bug crafts are so much fun for kids to create!
From a classic ladybug craft to beautiful butterflies. There is a fun kids’ craft for your child.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
When to create these bug-themed ideas
Bugs are a great craft to create all year long. Here are some fun ways to use these simple projects.
- Create them for a bug-themed lesson plan.
- Create them during the spring months, when real bugs start coming back.
- Decorate our classroom.
- Make them during a summer camp.
Our Favorite Craft Supplies
When creating these cute bug activities, you are probably going to want to stock up on some supplies.
These craft supplies are perfect for crafting with young kids. While not each of them is used in the crafts below, they are all staples in our craft bin. If you don’t have any on hand, that might be ok. Take a look at the craft first to see whether or not you need them.
- Construction Paper – One of our favorite craft supplies.
- Cardboard – Perfect for using up all those boxes you get in the mail!
- Craft Sticks or popsicle sticks – A classic staple, use them in your craft or to mix paint.
- Kid-Friendly paint – Kids love to get messy! Check out our favorite tips for painting with young children.
- Googly Eyes – You can literally add them to any project and it instantly becomes cuter.
- Tissue Paper – We always have this on hand. Buy it new or use or save it from birthday parties and holidays.
- Toilet Paper/Paper Towel Rolls – A great way to recycle your paper tubes is to use them in crafts!
- Paper Plates – Grab this party supply to create fun crafts.
- Contact Paper – We use this a lot to create suncatcher crafts
- Pipe Cleaners – Their bendy and hold their shape, which makes for some fun creating!
- Coffee Filters – This inexpensive item is fun to create with.
- Pom Poms – Fluffy and always fun.
- Egg Cartons – Recycle these into fantastic crafts!
- Puffy Paint – Makes great snow!!
- Paper Bags – Using this recycled supply is a fun way to make puppets.
Pin this collection of insect craftivities
Are you still brainstorming your lesson plans? No worries, just pin this to your favorite craft board so you can easily find these fun winter crafts
Other fun crafts you may enjoy
You may enjoy some of these other easy crafts for kids!
Please share this collection of bugs.
This site wouldn’t be here without shares from people like you, and we are so thankful that you took the time to visit Twitchetts.
Know a friend who is looking for bug crafts for preschool kids? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite board on Pinterest.