These preschool monthly themes are a great way to find creative lesson plans for your school year. Choose the month you want to plan and find amazing ideas for fresh classroom activities. Your young kids will love all of these fun preschool themes.
Preschool Monthly Themes
Creating lesson plans for the entire school year can be a daunting task for any preschool teacher. This collection of monthly preschool themes will help you come up with some fun new ideas.
From January through December, there is a fun craft idea that is perfect for your preschoolers.
Choose the perfect craft for a lesson you already have in mind, or explore new ideas! Plus there are lots of monthly craft ideas to help expand on several of the themes.
Crafts are great for building skills during those important preschool years. From fine motor activities to working on those important cutting skills, these crafts are great ideas for bringing these skills into early childhood classrooms.
In this collection, you’ll find several of the classics like the farm theme, animal theme, or nursery rhymes. But there are also some new themes, like Chinese New Year or Earth Day.
We’ve gone through the calendar to find unique special days and special events and mixed them with popular preschool themes. You never know, you may find your new favorite!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
When to create these preschool activities
Chose a theme unit for each month of the year. Then use these crafts during:
- Arts and crafts time.
- Use them in a station.
- Make fun projects to take home.
- Work in skill building like cutting practice and fine motor skills.
- Use them to get excited about a field trip.
- Make them during circle time.
Our Favorite Craft Supplies
When creating these cute crafts for preschoolers, you are probably going to want to stock up on some supplies.
These craft supplies are perfect for crafting with young kids. While not each of them is used in the crafts below, they are all staples in our craft bin. If you don’t have any on hand, that might be ok. Take a look at the craft first to see whether or not you need them.
- Construction Paper – One of our favorite craft supplies.
- Cardboard – Perfect for using up all those boxes you get in the mail!
- Craft Sticks or popsicle sticks – A classic staple, use them in your craft or to mix paint.
- Kid-Friendly paint – Kids love to get messy! Check out our favorite tips for painting with young children.
- Googly Eyes – You can literally add them to any project and it instantly becomes cuter.
- Tissue Paper – We always have this on hand. Buy it new or use or save it from birthday parties and holidays.
- Toilet Paper/Paper Towel Rolls – A great way to recycle your paper tubes is to use them in crafts!
- Paper Plates – Grab this party supply to create fun crafts.
- Contact Paper – We use this a lot to create suncatcher crafts
- Pipe Cleaners – Their bendy and hold their shape, which makes for some fun creating!
- Coffee Filters – This inexpensive item is fun to create with.
- Pom Poms – Fluffy and always fun.
- Egg Cartons – Recycle these into fantastic crafts!
- Puffy Paint – Makes great snow!!
- Paper Bags – Using this recycled supply is a fun way to make puppets.
Pin this collection of preschool theme ideas
Are you still brainstorming your lesson plans? No worries, just pin this to your favorite craft board so you can easily find these fun winter crafts
Other fun crafts you may enjoy
You may enjoy some of these other easy crafts for kids!
Please share this collection of weekly theme ideas.
This site wouldn’t be here without shares from people like you, and we are so thankful that you took the time to visit Twitchetts.
Know a friend who is looking for preschool monthly themes? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite board on Pinterest.