These sun crafts for kids are perfect for preschoolers and kindergarteners. Create them during your craft time, turn them into a summer station, use them as fun morning work, or create them at home.
Sun Crafts For Kids
But you don’t have to use them as an educational tool. They are great for kids of all ages.
Because they all use simple materials, they are great for a classroom, summer camp, or even your kitchen table.
These bright and happy crafts are actually perfect for brightening those winter drabs.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
When to create these sun themed crafts
Sun craft projects are great all year long. Here are some fun ways to use these easy crafts.
- Hang them around your playroom.
- Decorate your class bulletin board.
- Use them as a craft during your weather units.
- Create them as a solar system craft idea
- Attach them to cards.
- Decorate a summer party.
- Make them as a fun summer craft, when it’s too hot to play outside.
- Add a smiley face to brighten someone’s day!
Our Favorite Craft Supplies
When creating these cute sunny crafts, you are probably going to want to stock up on some yellow construction paper and paint.
These craft supplies are perfect for crafting with young kids. While not each of them is used in the crafts below, they are all staples in our craft bin. If you don’t have any on hand, that might be ok. Take a look at the craft first to see whether or not you need them.
- Construction Paper – One of our favorite craft supplies. These crafts are a great way to use up that stash of black paper.
- Cardboard – Perfect for using up all those boxes you get in the mail!
- Craft Sticks or popsicle sticks – A classic staple, use them in your craft or to mix paint.
- Kid-Friendly paint – Kids love to get messy! Check out our favorite tips for painting with young children.
- Googly Eyes – You can literally add them to any project and it instantly becomes cuter.
- Tissue Paper – We always have this on hand. Buy it new or use or save it from birthday parties and holidays.
- Toilet Paper/Paper Towel Rolls – A great way to recycle your paper tubes is to use them in crafts!
- Paper Plates – Grab this party supply to create fun crafts.
- Contact Paper – We use this a lot to create suncatcher crafts
- Pipe Cleaners – Their bendy and hold their shape, which makes for some fun creating!
- Coffee Filters – This inexpensive item is fun to create with.
- Pom Poms – Fluffy and always fun.
- Egg Cartons – Recycle these into fantastic crafts!
- Puffy Paint – Makes great snow!!
Pin this collection of sun arts & crafts for kids
Are you still brainstorming your lesson plans? No worries, just pin this to your favorite craft board so you can easily find these fun winter crafts
Are you trying to inspire creativity in your kids? Sign up for the weekly Twitchetts newsletter to get that and more. Get access to free printables, special offers, and weekly crafts and activities that kids will love!
Other fun crafts you may enjoy
You may enjoy some of these other easy crafts for kids!
Please share this collection of sun crafts for preschoolers
This site wouldn’t be here without shares from people like you, and we are so thankful that you took the time to visit Twitchetts.
Know a friend who is looking for sun crafts for kids? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite board on Pinterest.