This collection of animal crafts for kids is full of adorable and easy projects that your child will love to create and play with. Most of these craft ideas are simple enough for preschoolers, so they are perfect for your classroom craft time or for making at home.
Animal Crafts For Kids
Animal crafts are great for kids of any age. Once they are created they unlock a whole world of imaginative play.
Not only are these crafts fun, but they also sneak in some important skill-building. Like fine motor skills and cutting practice.
Most of these great ideas are simple enough for preschoolers. A few are designed for adults to create and kids to play with.
They all use simple supplies and have step-by-step instructions.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
When to create these animal-themed crafts
Cute animal art is great all year long. Here are some fun ways to use these simple projects.
- Hang them around your playroom.
- Decorate your class bulletin board.
- Use them as a craft during your zoo animals units.
- Attach these amazing animals to cards.
- Create them during the Chinese New Year.
- Make them during a jungle animal or farm animal birthday party.
- Find the International Day for each animal and get creating.
- Craft them after reading an animal book.
- Spend a day creating your favorite animals. For no reason at all!
Our Favorite Craft Supplies
When creating these cute animal crafts, you are probably going to want to stock up on some supplies.
These craft supplies are perfect for crafting with young kids. While not each of them is used in the crafts below, they are all staples in our craft bin. If you don’t have any on hand, that might be ok. Take a look at the craft first to see whether or not you need them.
- Construction Paper – One of our favorite craft supplies. These crafts are a great way to use up that stash of black paper.
- Cardboard – Perfect for using up all those boxes you get in the mail!
- Craft Sticks or popsicle sticks – A classic staple, use them in your craft or to mix paint.
- Kid-Friendly paint – Kids love to get messy! Check out our favorite tips for painting with young children.
- Googly Eyes – You can literally add them to any project and it instantly becomes cuter.
- Tissue Paper – We always have this on hand. Buy it new or use or save it from birthday parties and holidays.
- Toilet Paper/Paper Towel Rolls – A great way to recycle your paper tubes is to use them in crafts!
- Paper Plates – Grab this party supply to create fun crafts.
- Contact Paper – We use this a lot to create suncatcher crafts
- Pipe Cleaners – Their bendy and hold their shape, which makes for some fun creating!
- Coffee Filters – This inexpensive item is fun to create with.
- Pom Poms – Fluffy and always fun.
- Egg Cartons – Recycle these into fantastic crafts!
- Puffy Paint – Makes great snow!!
- Paper Bags – Using this recycled supply is a fun way to make puppets.
Pin this collection of animal arts & crafts for kids
Are you still brainstorming your lesson plans? No worries, just pin this to your favorite craft board so you can easily find these fun winter crafts
Are you trying to inspire creativity in your kids? Sign up for the weekly Twitchetts newsletter to get that and more. Get access to free printables, special offers, and weekly crafts and activities that kids will love!
Other fun crafts you may enjoy
You may enjoy some of these other easy crafts for kids!
Please share this collection of animal activities for preschoolers
This site wouldn’t be here without shares from people like you, and we are so thankful that you took the time to visit Twitchetts.
Know a friend who is looking for animal crafts for kids? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite board on Pinterest.