With Father’s Day being right around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about homemade gifts that the kids can make! A great and fun option is this simple Father’s Day Rock Frame. What better way to tell dad that “you rock” than to make him his very own frame to remind him of this every single day?
Father’s Day Rock Frame
Making Father’s Day crafts are always a lot of fun. This one just happens to be really easy and the kids are going to love it.
When it comes to letting the kids be creative, you just can’t go wrong. These types of simple crafts give them the freedom to make their own gift for their dad and be proud of what they’ve done.
This is a great craft to make in June either with your class or at home.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
No time to make this Father’s Day craft now? Pin it for later!
If you can’t make this rock frame now, pin it to your kids’ crafts ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips for making this gift for dad:
- Gather up rocks together outdoors and make it an adventure! There’s always room for more fun!
- Wash off the rocks and let them dry completely before adding to the frame.
- Be nearby to help with any issues that they might have when gluing on the pieces.
- Get colorful by letting your kids paint the rocks before gluing them.
- Take a picture of your kids holding the printable and then frame the picture!
How to make a rock frame for Father’s Day
Follow along with the simple steps to make this craft at home!
- 8 popsicle sticks
- Build the frame by attaching two popsicle sticks to each side and two popsicle sticks to the top and bottom. Glue the corners to secure the sticks in place.
- When the glue on the frame is dry, glue rocks all around the frame.
- Print the printable insert on heavy cardstock. Cut it out around the outer border and glue it to the back of the frame.
Are you trying to inspire creativity in your kids? Sign up for the weekly Twitchetts newsletter to get that and more. Get access to free printables, special offers, and weekly crafts and activities that kids will love!
More simple crafts you will love!
- 14 Easy Rainbow Arts and Crafts for kids – Great for creativity and fun.
- Stone Painting ~ Rainbow Painted Rocks – Rock painting is a great activity for kids.
- 13 Colorful Suncatcher Crafts for Kids – Bring on the sunshine!
If you loved this Father’s Day craft, share it by pinning or sharing on Facebook.
We are thankful for every share! Each time someone shares our posts, our site grows and we are so thankful that we can continue to create unique and simple projects for kids. Know someone who’d like this simple craft? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite kid’s craft board on Pinterest.