These April crafts for kids are the perfect addition to several preschool themes. Create them during your craft time, turn them into a spring station, use them as fun morning work, or create them at home.
April Crafts For Kids
April crafts mean that spring is officially here. You may be stuck inside because of a rainy day, but these easy spring crafts are sure to make you feel happy.
Last month was full of rainbow crafts. This month provides us with some fun holidays for kids. Easter happens some years, Earth Day,
While kids of all ages will enjoy these easy crafts, they are perfect for pairing with your favorite April preschool themes. Create spring stations, colorful craft projects, or make them at home!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
April Preschool Themes
Here are several exciting themes you can explore in your classroom. Use one or fill the entire month with these special days and themes. Then find a craft project to go with the theme!
- Dolphins (National Dolphin Day is April 14)
- Frogs (National Frog Month)
- Penguins (World Penguin Day is April 25)
- Librarians (Library week is the first week in April, and Children’s book day is April 2)
- Poetry (National Poetry Month)
- Rain (April showers bring May flowers!)
- Rain Forest
- Trees or Forests (Arbor Day is in April!)
- April Holidays
- Palm Sunday & Good Friday (Dates Varies)
- Easter (Date Varies)
- Administrative Professionals Day (Date Varies)
- April Fools (April 1)
- Earth Day (April 22)
- Arbor Day (Last Friday in April)
Our Favorite Craft Supplies
When creating these cute spring-themed activities, you are probably going to want to stock up on some supplies.
These simple materials are perfect for crafting with young kids. While not each of them is used in the crafts below, they are all staples in our craft bin. If you don’t have any on hand, that might be ok. Take a look at the craft first to see whether or not you need them.
- Construction Paper – One of our favorite craft supplies.
- Cardboard – Perfect for using up all those boxes you get in the mail!
- Craft Sticks or popsicle sticks – A classic staple, use them in your craft or to mix paint.
- Kid-Friendly paint – Kids love to get messy! Check out our favorite tips for painting with young children.
- Googly Eyes – You can literally add them to any project and it instantly becomes cuter.
- Tissue Paper – We always have this on hand. Buy it new or use or save it from birthday parties and holidays.
- Toilet Paper/Paper Towel Rolls – A great way to recycle your paper tubes is to use them in crafts!
- Paper Plates – Grab this party supply to create fun crafts.
- Contact Paper – We use this a lot to create suncatcher crafts
- Pipe Cleaners – Their bendy and hold their shape, which makes for some fun creating!
- Coffee Filters – This inexpensive item is fun to create with.
- Pom Poms – Fluffy and always fun.
- Egg Cartons – Recycle these into fantastic crafts!
- Puffy Paint – Makes great snow!!
- Cotton Balls – Perfect for fuzzy tails.
Pin this collection of April preschool crafts
Are you still brainstorming your lesson plans? No worries, just pin this to your favorite craft board so you can easily find these fun crafts
Please share this collection of April activities for kids
This site wouldn’t be here without shares from people like you, and we are so thankful that you took the time to visit Twitchetts.
Know a friend who is looking for April crafts for kids? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite board on Pinterest.