These May crafts for preschoolers are the perfect addition to several classroom themes. Make them during your craft time, turn them into a summer station, use them as fun morning work, or create them at home.
May Crafts For Preschoolers
May crafts help welcome the warmer weather and things start to feel a bit like summer. The school year is coming to an end and kids are antsy to get outside.
Last month was full of spring and new life. This month is full of love and nature.
While kids of all ages will enjoy these easy crafts, they are perfect for pairing with your favorite May preschool themes. Create summer stations, colorful craft projects, or make them at home!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
May Preschool Themes
Here are several exciting themes you can explore in your classroom. Use one or fill the entire month with these special days and themes. Then find a craft project to go with the theme!
- Birds (Bird Day is May 4th)
- Frogs (Frog Jumping Day is May 13)
- Turtles (World Turtle Day is May 23)
- Ice Cream
- Last Day of School
- Mother Goose (Mother Goose Day is May 1)
- Nurses (International Nurses Day is May 12)
- Photography (National Photograph Month)
- Prayer (National Day of Prayer May 7)
- Space (Space Day is the 1st Friday)
- Star Wars (Star Wars Day is May 4th)
- Teachers (Teacher Appreciation Week is the first full week.)
- May Holidays
- Cinco de Mayo (May 5th)
- Mother’s Day (2nd Sunday in May)
- Memorial Day (Last Monday in May)
Our Favorite Craft Supplies
When creating these cute summer-themed activities, you are probably going to want to stock up on some supplies.
These simple materials are perfect for crafting with young kids. While not each of them is used in the crafts below, they are all staples in our craft bin. If you don’t have any on hand, that might be ok. Take a look at the craft first to see whether or not you need them.
- Construction Paper – One of our favorite craft supplies.
- Cardboard – Perfect for using up all those boxes you get in the mail!
- Craft Sticks or popsicle sticks – A classic staple, use them in your craft or to mix paint.
- Kid-Friendly paint – Kids love to get messy! Check out our favorite tips for painting with young children.
- Googly Eyes – You can literally add them to any project and it instantly becomes cuter.
- Tissue Paper – We always have this on hand. Buy it new or use or save it from birthday parties and holidays.
- Toilet Paper Rolls/Paper Towel Rolls – A great way to recycle your paper tubes is to use them in crafts!
- Paper Plates – Grab this party supply to create fun crafts.
- Contact Paper – We use this a lot to create suncatcher crafts
- Pipe Cleaners – Their bendy and hold their shape, which makes for some fun creating!
- Coffee Filters – This inexpensive item is fun to create with.
- Pom Poms – Fluffy and always fun.
- Egg Cartons – Recycle these into fantastic crafts!
- Puffy Paint – Makes great snow!!
- Cotton Balls – Perfect for fuzzy tails.
Pin this collection of May craft ideas
Are you still brainstorming your lesson plans? No worries, just pin this to your favorite craft board so you can easily find these fun crafts
Are you trying to inspire creativity in your kids? Sign up for the weekly Twitchetts newsletter to get that and more. Get access to free printables, special offers, and weekly crafts and activities that kids will love!
Please share this collection of May activities for kids
This site wouldn’t be here without shares from people like you, and we are so thankful that you took the time to visit Twitchetts.
Know a friend who is looking for May crafts for preschoolers? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite board on Pinterest.