These August activities for preschoolers are the perfect addition to several summer lesson plans. Make them during a summer camp craft time, turn them into a summer station, use them as fun morning work, or create them at home before the end of summer.
August Activities For Preschoolers
August crafts are perfect for welcoming the school year. Whether you’re planning an end-of-summer school craft session, a camp activity, or you’re creating at home. There is a great activity for kids this month.
Last month summer was in full swing. Now the summer months are coming to an end and we’re thinking about the new school year. While the warmer weather is still here, we’re switching our summer themes to school activities and it’s the perfect time to work on those basic skills.
While kids of all ages will enjoy these easy crafts, they are perfect for pairing with your favorite August preschool themes. These fun projects are perfect for stations, creating on the first day of school, or on a hot summer day when you don’t want any outdoor activities.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
August Preschool Themes
Here are several exciting themes you can explore in your classroom. Use one or fill your activity calendars with these special days and themes. Then find a craft project to go with the theme!
- All About Me
- Back to School
- Fine Motor
- Peaches (National Peach Month)
- Picnics (National Picnic Month)
- Pirates (International Pirates Month)
Special Days In August
- 3rd – National Watermelon Day
- 10th – World Lion Day
- 12th – World Elephant Day
- 1st Sunday – Friendship Day
Our Favorite Craft Supplies
When creating these cute summer-themed activities, you are probably going to want to stock up on some supplies.
These simple materials are perfect for crafting with young kids. While not each of them is used in the crafts below, they are all staples in our craft bin. If you don’t have any on hand, that might be ok. Take a look at the craft first to see whether or not you need them.
- Construction Paper – One of our favorite craft supplies.
- Cardboard – Perfect for using up all those boxes you get in the mail!
- Craft Sticks or popsicle sticks – A classic staple, use them in your craft or to mix paint.
- Kid-Friendly paint – Kids love to get messy! Check out our favorite tips for painting with young children.
- Googly Eyes – You can literally add them to any project and it instantly becomes cuter.
- Tissue Paper – We always have this on hand. Buy it new or use or save it from birthday parties and holidays.
- Toilet Paper Rolls/Paper Towel Rolls – A great way to recycle your paper tubes is to use them in crafts!
- Paper Plates – Grab this party supply to create fun crafts.
- Contact Paper – We use this a lot to create suncatcher crafts
- Pipe Cleaners – Their bendy and hold their shape, which makes for some fun creating!
- Coffee Filters – This inexpensive item is fun to create with.
- Pom Poms – Fluffy and always fun.
- Egg Cartons – Recycle these into fantastic crafts!
- Puffy Paint – Makes great snow!!
- Cotton Balls – Perfect for fuzzy tails.
Pin this collection of August craft ideas
Are you still brainstorming your lesson plans? No worries, just pin this to your favorite craft board so you can easily find these fun crafts
Please share this collection of August crafts for kids
This site wouldn’t be here without shares from people like you, and we are so thankful that you took the time to visit Twitchetts.
Know a friend who is looking for August activities for preschoolers? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite board on Pinterest.