These easy fruit cones are the perfect Summer Olympics themed food for your watch party! The peaches inside an ice cream cone look like the Olympic torch making it the perfect snack for watching the summer games. Fresh peaches stuck in, made from scratch, whipped cream are the perfect summer treat for the classroom or as a way to use up cones.
Summer Olympics Themed Food
The Olympics are a great way to create family memories and inspire kids. I love watching the games with family and watching the look on my daughter’s face when a gymnast sticks her landing.
This torch snack is the perfect addition to your Olympic watching. Use fresh peaches and whip up a batch of homemade whipped cream. (or grab a tub of whipped cream!)
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
No time to make this summer snack? Pin it for later!
If you’re currently in the middle of planning your watch party? Save this pin to your favorite Pinterest board! That way you’ll be able to grab the recipe when you’re ready!
Torch snack tips:
Grab these tips to get the best results.
- Choose firm peaches. This helps them stand tall in the cone and keeps the snack from getting to messy.
- To give your flame some character, use both white and yellow peaches.
- If you’re using homemade whipped cream, it can start to go flat after some time. Give it a good whip right before you add it to your cones.
- Firm Peaches
- Whipped Cream
- Sugar Cones
- Slice your peaches.
- Add about a tablespoon of whipped cream to the bottom of each sugar cone.
- Arrange your peaches to create the look of a flame.
Serve immediatly or store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
How to make homemade Whipped Cream
For the best fruit torches, I suggest whipping up your own homemade whipped cream. It is super easy to do and you know exactly what is in it!
Depending on the speed of your hand mixer, this process only takes a minute or two.
- Combine 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, 3 Tablespoons of sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Use a hand mixer to beat until it is whipped cream.
If you have leftover cream, find a way to use it up with this collection of heavy whipping cream recipes.
Are you trying to inspire creativity in your kids? Sign up for the weekly Twitchetts newsletter to get that and more. Get access to free printables, special offers, and weekly crafts and activities that kids will love!
More snacks you will love!
Get into the summer spirit with these delicious snack ideas.
- Cheesecake bites – Add your favorite fruit to this easy snack.
- Pick your pink – Create a DIY lemonade station for your next summer party.
If you loved this Olympics treat, share it by pinning or sharing on Facebook.
This site wouldn’t be here without shares from people like you, and we are so thankful that you took the time to visit Twitchetts.
Know a friend who is looking for a Summer Olympics themed food? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite board on Pinterest.