These shape crafts are perfect for teaching shapes to preschoolers. Basic shapes are important for your child to learn. Use these arts and crafts ideas to help your kids learn about different shapes.
These simple shape crafts are great for a classroom craft or for a quiet afternoon of crafting at the kitchen table.
You can display them in your playrooms or let them decorate your bulletin board.
Plus because these crafts are basic shapes, kids will be learning as they create.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
When do kids learn shapes?
You can start teaching shapes to kids as young as 2 years old. Start with the basics, circles, squares, and triangles. Around 3 years old, you can start introducing harder shapes, hearts, diamonds, stars, ovals, etc.
Don’t be discouraged if your child isn’t learning as fast as others. All kids learn at their own pace.
These shape crafts are perfect for older kids that are still struggling or to use in a class setting where kids are learning at different levels.
Our Favorite Craft Supplies
When creating these easy Christmas crafts, you are probably going to want to stock up on some red, silver, white, and green pipe cleaners.
These craft supplies are perfect for crafting with young kids. While not each of them is used in the crafts below, they are all staples in our craft bin. If you don’t have any on hand, that might be ok. Take a look at the craft first to see whether or not you need them.
- Construction Paper – One of our favorite craft supplies. These crafts are a great way to use up that stash of black paper.
- Cardboard – Perfect for using up all those boxes you get in the mail!
- Craft Sticks or popsicle sticks – A classic staple, use them in your craft or to mix paint.
- Kid-Friendly paint – Kids love to get messy! Check out our favorite tips for painting with young children.
- Googly Eyes – You can literally add them to any project and it instantly becomes cuter.
- Tissue Paper – We always have this on hand. Buy it new or use or save it from birthday parties and holidays.
- Toilet Paper/Paper Towel Rolls – A great way to recycle your paper tubes is to use them in crafts!
- Paper Plate – Grab this party supply to create fun crafts.
- Contact Paper – We use this a lot to create suncatcher crafts
- Pipe Cleaners – Their bendy and hold their shape, which makes for some fun creating!
Pin this collection shapes crafts for kids
Are you still brainstorming your lesson plans? No worries, just pin this to your favorite craft board so you can find it easily.
Circle Crafts for Preschoolers
These crafts focus on the circle shape.
Square shapes for kids
These crafts focus on the square shape.
Triangle shapes for kids
These crafts focus on the triangle shape.
Please share this collection of shape art for kids
This site wouldn’t be here without shares from people like you, and we are so thankful that you took the time to visit Twitchetts.
Know a friend who is looking for shape crafts? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite board on Pinterest.