Creating Rainbow Paper Flowers is an easy way for your little one to create paper flowers. These construction paper crafts for kids are perfect for preschoolers, kindergarteners, and kids of all ages. Use them to create fun pictures, mother’s day cards, or a fun spring craft.
Rainbow Paper Flowers
Creating flowers out of paper can be elaborate or it can be simple. You know us, we prefer simple.
These rainbow paper flowers are perfect for kids of all ages. They can practice their scissor skills by cutting out the circles. Then they can learn about the color wheel when they put the petals in order.
Don’t you just love it when you can work in a little play-based learning into a craft project! Especially into a fun rainbow papercraft.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
No time to make these paper craft flowers now? Pin it for later!
If you can’t make this flower craft now, pin it to your kids’ crafts ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips for making these construction paper flowers.
- To speed up the cutting process, we recommend grabbing a circle punch.
- If you’re not making a rainbow flower, just cut 6 circles from any color you like. You will need 6 circles to make your construction paper flower.
- Another way to speed up the cutting process, try stacking a few sheets together and cut them at once.
- Try making these paper flowers in all different sizes! To easily create the smaller flowers, I used a 1″ hole punch.
- Experiment with different shapes! Try heart-shaped petals or adding a small circle to the middle.
How to make a flower papercraft
Below is our step by step tutorial for creating this paper flower. Feel free to print it for easy reference.
Rainbow Paper Flowers
One of our most popular paper flower crafts. It's simple yet looks super cool! Your kids will be very proud of their creation.
- Construction Paper
- Glue Stick
- Something to trace. (cup, bowl, stencil, or circle punch)
- Template (optional)
- Pen or marker
- Trace and cut out 6 circles from your construction paper. One circle for each color of the rainbow. (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple). Or use our printable template.
- Take and fold each circle in half and crease well. They will look like little tacos.
- Place some glue on one side of your folded circle (aka taco). Then place the half circle onto a piece of paper. Next, take the opposite color, from the color wheel, and place it across from your first pedal. Be sure that the open sides of your half circles are pointing away from each other. So red across from green, blue across from orange, and yellow across from purple. This will help you space out your pedals.
- Fill in with the rest of the colors in ‘rainbow order’. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, and you’re done!
- You can add a stem with a green marker to add a fun touch. Try making these paper flowers in all different sizes!
More rainbow projects you will love!
- Rainbow Heart Mobile – This mobile craft makes a great classroom or playroom decoration!
- Rainbow String Painting – Each project will be unique!
- Rainbow Bookmark – These bookmarks make fantastic gifts!
When to make these paper flowers
Sometimes you see a craft and think, oh that’s cute! But then you don’t know when you will make it. Here are some ideas for this fun art project!
- Make these paper flowers into cards.
- Decorate a bulletin board.
- Hand in your window for people to see when they walk by.
If you loved this rainbow craft, share it by pinning or sharing it on Facebook.
We are thankful for every share! Each time someone shares our posts, our site grows and we are so thankful that we can continue to create unique and simple projects for kids. Know a friend who’d like these rainbow paper flowers? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite kid’s craft board on Pinterest.
100 legjobb nyári kézműves gyerekeknek – kedvenc munkáim
Sunday 6th of November 2022
[…] Szivárvány papír virágok a Twitchettstől […]
20 Adorable DIY Cards Ideas for Kids To Make - PLAYTIVITIES
Monday 25th of July 2022
[…] Creating Rainbow Paper Flowers is an easy way for your little one to create paper flowers. Use them to create fun pictures, mother’s day cards, or a fun spring craft. […]
100 meilleurs travaux manuels d’été pour les enfants – mes emplois préférés
Wednesday 25th of May 2022
[…] Fleurs en papier arc-en-ciel de Twitchetts […]
100 melhores artesanatos de verão para crianças – meus trabalhos favoritos
Saturday 14th of May 2022
[…] Flores de papel arco-íris de Twitchetts […]
100 Best Summer Crafts for Kids – My World Of Idea
Tuesday 19th of April 2022
[…] Rainbow Paper Flowers from Twitchetts […]