These preschool tiger craft ideas are great for young kids. From simple bookmarks to fun puppets. There are fun animal crafts for children to create. Make them as you ring in the Chinese New Year or during an animal-themed party. There are lots of fun reasons to make tiger crafts.
Preschool Tiger Craft Ideas
These easy tiger crafts are so fun to make. Kids love these fast and powerful creatures.
And since 2022 is the year of the tiger, these crafts are perfect for ringing in the Chinese New Year.
But you don’t have to use them as an educational tool. They are great for kids of all ages.
Because they all use simple craft supplies, they are great for a classroom, summer camp, or even your kitchen table.
The crafts below are based on the basic Bengal tiger, but feel free to mix them up a bit and make white tiger or even purple tigers!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
When to create these tiger-themed crafts
Tiger craft projects are great all year long. Here are some fun ways to use these easy projects.
- Hang them around your playroom.
- Decorate your class bulletin board.
- Use them as a craft during your zoo animal units.
- Count the number of stripes.
- Attach them to cards.
- Create them during the Chinese New Year.
- Make them during a jungle animals birthday party.
- Craft them during International Tiger Day (July 29th)
Our Favorite Craft Supplies
When creating these cute animal crafts, you are probably going to want to stock up on some orange tissue paper, construction paper, and paint.
These craft supplies are perfect for crafting with young kids. While not each of them is used in the crafts below, they are all staples in our craft bin. If you don’t have any on hand, that might be ok. Take a look at the craft first to see whether or not you need them.
- Construction Paper – One of our favorite craft supplies. These crafts are a great way to use up that stash of black paper.
- Cardboard – Perfect for using up all those boxes you get in the mail!
- Craft Sticks or popsicle sticks – A classic staple, use them in your craft or to mix paint.
- Kid-Friendly paint – Kids love to get messy! Check out our favorite tips for painting with young children.
- Googly Eyes – You can literally add them to any project and it instantly becomes cuter.
- Tissue Paper – We always have this on hand. Buy it new or use or save it from birthday parties and holidays.
- Toilet Paper/Paper Towel Rolls – A great way to recycle your paper tubes is to use them in crafts!
- Paper Plates – Grab this party supply to create fun crafts.
- Contact Paper – We use this a lot to create suncatcher crafts
- Pipe Cleaners – Their bendy and hold their shape, which makes for some fun creating!
- Coffee Filters – This inexpensive item is fun to create with.
- Pom Poms – Fluffy and always fun.
- Egg Cartons – Recycle these into fantastic crafts!
- Puffy Paint – Makes great snow!!
Pin this collection of tiger arts & crafts for kids
Are you still brainstorming your lesson plans? No worries, just pin this to your favorite craft board so you can easily find these fun winter crafts
Other fun crafts you may enjoy
You may enjoy some of these other easy crafts for kids!
Please share this collection of tiger activities for preschoolers
This site wouldn’t be here without shares from people like you, and we are so thankful that you took the time to visit Twitchetts.
Know a friend who is looking for preschool tiger craft ideas? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite board on Pinterest.