These fun bookmarks for kids are all super easy to make. They are great for handmade gifts, reading rewards, or creating just for fun. Most of these crafts use basic craft supplies, so they are perfect for the classroom or other groups of kids.
Bookmarks For Kids
My kids are just starting to get into the chapter books. So we have lots of bookmarks for kids.
These simple crafts are great for all ages. I enjoy making some of them myself!
They make fantastic kid-made gifts or can be given to young readers as they complete reading goals.
Each of these bookmark crafts uses simple supplies and has step-by-step instructions.
From animal bookmarks to colorful ones, there is something for all.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
When to create these bookmark ideas
Bookmarks are great all year long. Here are some fun ways to use these simple projects.
- Let kids create them and pass them out to friends.
- TThe heart-themed bookmarks make a great gift for Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day, and More.
- Pass them out at the library.
- Give them as rewards for achieving their reading goals.
- They can double as gift tags.
- Or just make them for fun!
Our Favorite Craft Supplies
When creating these cute bookmark crafts, you are probably going to want to stock up on some supplies.
These craft supplies are perfect for crafting with young kids. While not each of them is used in the crafts below, they are all staples in our craft bin. If you don’t have any on hand, that might be ok. Take a look at the craft first to see whether or not you need them.
- Construction Paper – One of our favorite craft supplies. Several of these ideas use scrapbook paper or card stock instead.
- Cardboard – Perfect for using up all those boxes you get in the mail!
- Craft Sticks or popsicle sticks – A classic staple, use them in your craft or to mix paint.
- Kid-Friendly paint – Kids love to get messy! Check out our favorite tips for painting with young children.
- Googly Eyes – You can literally add them to any project and it instantly becomes cuter.
- Tissue Paper – We always have this on hand. Buy it new or use or save it from birthday parties and holidays.
- Toilet Paper/Paper Towel Rolls – A great way to recycle your paper tubes is to use them in crafts!
- Paper Plates – Grab this party supply to create fun crafts.
- Contact Paper – We use this a lot to create suncatcher crafts
- Pipe Cleaners – Their bendy and hold their shape, which makes for some fun creating!
- Coffee Filters – This inexpensive item is fun to create with.
- Pom Poms – Fluffy and always fun.
- Egg Cartons – Recycle these into fantastic crafts!
- Puffy Paint – Makes great snow!!
- Paper Bags – Using this recycled supply is a fun way to make puppets.
Pin this collection of bookmark crafts for kids
Are you still brainstorming your lesson plans? No worries, just pin this to your favorite craft board so you can easily find these fun winter crafts
Other fun crafts you may enjoy
You may enjoy some of these other easy crafts for kids!
Please share this collection of homemade bookmarks.
This site wouldn’t be here without shares from people like you, and we are so thankful that you took the time to visit Twitchetts.
Know a friend who is looking for bookmarks for kids? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite board on Pinterest.