These October activities for preschoolers are the perfect addition to several fall lesson plans. Make them during craft time, turn them into a classroom station, use them as fun morning work, or create them at home.
October Activities For Preschoolers
October crafts are perfect for welcoming the fall season. Whether you’re planning a harvest party school craft session, a fall activity, or you’re creating at home. There is a great activity for kids this month.
Last month fall was creeping in. Now the autumn months are in full swing and we’re thinking about the pumpkins and Haloween costumes. This is a great time of year to talk about changing seasons and harvest.
While kids of all ages will enjoy these easy crafts, they are perfect for pairing with your favorite October preschool themes. These fun projects are perfect for stations, creating during a harvest celebration, or on a cool fall day when you don’t want any outdoor activities.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
October Themes For Preschool
Here are several exciting themes you can explore in your classroom. Use one or fill your activity calendars with these special days and themes. Then find a craft project to go with the theme!
- All About Me
- Candy Corn
- Cookies (Cookie Month)
- Drums (International Drum Month)
- Fire Safety (Week 2 is Fire Prevention Week)
- Pastors/Clergy (Clergy Appreciation Month and Week 3 is Pastoral Care Week)
- Pizza (National Pizza Month)
Special Days In October
- 5th – World Teachers Day
- 9th – Fire Prevention Day
- 29th – National Cat Day
- 30th – National Candy Corn Day
- 31st – Halloween
- 2nd Monday – Canadian Thanksgiving
- 2nd Monday – Indigenous People Day
Our Favorite Craft Supplies
When creating these cute fall-themed activities, you are probably going to want to stock up on some supplies.
These simple materials are perfect for crafting with young kids. While not each of them is used in the crafts below, they are all staples in our craft bin. If you don’t have any on hand, that might be ok. Take a look at the craft first to see whether or not you need them.
- Construction Paper – One of our favorite craft supplies.
- Cardboard – Perfect for using up all those boxes you get in the mail!
- Craft Sticks or popsicle sticks – A classic staple, use them in your craft or to mix paint.
- Kid-Friendly paint – Kids love to get messy! Check out our favorite tips for painting with young children.
- Googly Eyes – You can literally add them to any project and it instantly becomes cuter.
- Tissue Paper – We always have this on hand. Buy it new or use or save it from birthday parties and holidays.
- Toilet Paper Rolls/Paper Towel Rolls – A great way to recycle your paper tubes is to use them in crafts!
- Paper Plates – Grab this party supply to create fun crafts.
- Contact Paper – We use this a lot to create suncatcher crafts
- Pipe Cleaners – Their bendy and hold their shape, which makes for some fun creating!
- Coffee Filters – This inexpensive item is fun to create with.
- Pom Poms – Fluffy and always fun.
- Egg Cartons – Recycle these into fantastic crafts!
- Puffy Paint – Makes great snow!!
- Cotton Balls – Perfect for fuzzy tails.
Pin this collection of October arts and crafts
Are you still brainstorming your lesson plans? No worries, just pin this to your favorite craft board so you can easily find these fun crafts
Are you trying to inspire creativity in your kids? Sign up for the weekly Twitchetts newsletter to get that and more. Get access to free printables, special offers, and weekly crafts and activities that kids will love!
Please share this collection of October crafts for preschool
This site wouldn’t be here without shares from people like you, and we are so thankful that you took the time to visit Twitchetts.
Know a friend who is looking for October activities for preschoolers? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite board on Pinterest.