These easy spider crafts are perfect for kids to make any time of year. Create them in your classroom, when you learn about arachnids. Make them at home to decorate for Halloween. Each of these crafts for kids are perfect for preschoolers.
I am not a spider person. If one creeps its way into my house, it’s dead.
But these simple spider crafts are simply too cute to pass up!
Some fun times to make these preschool spider crafts:
- A fun way to teach kids about arachnids and bugs.
- Kids will learn to count when making their 8 spider legs.
- Tie them into fun songs or nursery rhymes, like The Itsy Bitsy Spider or Little Miss Muffet.
- Have a crafting station at your next Halloween party.
- Or you can simply create them at your kitchen table.
Hang your finished spiders in windows, on doors, in your playrooms, on bulletin boards, or around your craft centers. They make a super fun Halloween decoration.
You can include some bug crafts when explaining the difference between arachnids and insects.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Craft supplies for spider arts and crafts
These craft supplies are perfect for crafting with young kids. While not each of them is used in the crafts below, they are all staples in our craft bin. If you don’t have any on hand, that might be ok. Take a look at the craft first to see whether or not you need them.
- Construction Paper – One of our favorite craft supplies. These crafts are a great way to use up that stash of black paper.
- Pipe Cleaners – You can make so many items with this supply.
- Cardboard – Perfect for using up all those boxes you get in the mail!
- Craft Sticks or popsicle sticks – A classic staple, use them in your craft or to mix paint.
- Kid-Friendly paint – Kids love to get messy! Check out our favorite tips for painting with young children.
- Googly Eyes – You can literally add them to any project and it instantly becomes cuter.
- Tissue Paper – We always have this on hand. Buy it new or use or save it from birthday parties and holidays.
- Toilet Paper/Paper Towel Rolls – A great way to recycle your paper tubes is to use them in crafts!
- Paper Plate – Grab this party supply to create fun crafts.
- Contact Paper – We use this a lot to create suncatcher crafts
Pin this collection of Halloween spider crafts
Are you still brainstorming your bug crafts and activities? No worries, just pin this to your favorite craft board so you can find it easily.
Are you trying to inspire creativity in your kids? Sign up for the weekly Twitchetts newsletter to get that and more. Get access to free printables, special offers, and weekly crafts and activities that kids will love!
Please share this collection of spider activities
This site wouldn’t be here without shares from people like you, and we are so thankful that you took the time to visit Twitchetts. Know a friend who is looking for easy spider crafts for kids? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite board on Pinterest.