These January crafts for kids are the perfect addition to several preschool themes. Create them during your craft time, turn them into a winter station, use them as fun morning work, or create them at home.
January Crafts For Kids
The winter months seem to last forever. Which makes them the perfect time for some indoor activities.
Pair them with your favorite January themes. Create fun winter stations. Or enjoy some relaxing coloring time while the snow falls outside.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
January Preschool Themes
Winter is such an obvious theme for January. But there are several other fun themes you can explore in your classroom.
- Snow Globes
- Winter Clothing (hats, mittens, sweaters)
- Winter/Arctic Animals
- Polar Bears
- Hot Chocolate
- Five Senses
- Day and Night
- New Years Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
Our Favorite Craft Supplies
When creating these cute winter crafts, you are probably going to want to stock up on some cotton balls and white paint.
These craft supplies are perfect for crafting with young kids. While not each of them is used in the crafts below, they are all staples in our craft bin. If you don’t have any on hand, that might be ok. Take a look at the craft first to see whether or not you need them.
- Construction Paper – One of our favorite craft supplies. These crafts are a great way to use up that stash of black paper.
- Cardboard – Perfect for using up all those boxes you get in the mail!
- Craft Sticks or popsicle sticks – A classic staple, use them in your craft or to mix paint.
- Kid-Friendly paint – Kids love to get messy! Check out our favorite tips for painting with young children.
- Googly Eyes – You can literally add them to any project and it instantly becomes cuter.
- Tissue Paper – We always have this on hand. Buy it new or use or save it from birthday parties and holidays.
- Toilet Paper/Paper Towel Rolls – A great way to recycle your paper tubes is to use them in crafts!
- Paper Plates – Grab this party supply to create fun crafts.
- Contact Paper – We use this a lot to create suncatcher crafts
- Pipe Cleaners – Their bendy and hold their shape, which makes for some fun creating!
- Coffee Filters – This inexpensive item is fun to create with.
- Pom Poms – Fluffy and always fun.
- Egg Cartons – Recycle these into fantastic crafts!
- Puffy Paint – Makes great snow!!
Pin this collection of January arts & crafts for kids
Are you still brainstorming your lesson plans? No worries, just pin this to your favorite craft board so you can easily find these fun winter crafts
Are you trying to inspire creativity in your kids? Sign up for the weekly Twitchetts newsletter to get that and more. Get access to free printables, special offers, and weekly crafts and activities that kids will love!
More monthly preschool crafts
Enjoy more fun holidays and monthly theme ideas.
- December Crafts – Coming Soon
- February Crafts – Friendship, Hearts, Presidents, and more!
Please share this collection of January art for kids
This site wouldn’t be here without shares from people like you, and we are so thankful that you took the time to visit Twitchetts.
Know a friend who is looking for January crafts for kids? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite board on Pinterest.