These fun construction paper tulips are the perfect craft for some spring creativity. Even with these basic supplies, you can create a paper craft that pops from the page.
Construction Paper Tulips
What I love about creating with paper, is that with a little tweak, you can create a fun 3D project, and let’s face it, kids feel super proud when their projects can pop from the page.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
No time to make this flower craft now? Pin it for later!
If you can’t make this flower craft now, pin it to your kids’ crafts ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips for making this construction paper craft:
- If you are crafting with a large group of kids, you may want to cut out as many pieces beforehand as possible.
- Let your kids pick what color of tulips they want to make. It’s part of the fun!
- Prompt your child to count to ten when gluing, so that it has enough time to really stick.
How to make a tulip out of paper
Below is our step by step tutorial for creating this easy craft project. Feel free to print it for easy reference.
- Construction Paper - Blue, Green, and Flower Color of Choice
- Glue Stick
- Start by folding your flower color so that you have 4 layers. Draw on a teardrop shape.
- Cut out the teardrops and start to layer them. Place the first row to create a wide V and glue.
- Take a third petal and place right in the center. Glue down.
- Flip the flower over and place the fourth petal slightly to the side so that the tip shows.
- With your green sheet of paper, cut two strips the short length of the paper for stems. Then fold the paper in half so it is long and skinny. Cut out two leaves.
- Next, use a zig-zag cut down the rest of the green sheet.
- Cut the seem on your grass. You will have 4 pieces of grass when done.
- Start layering two pieces of your grass on the bottom of the blue sheet. Alternate where the points go.
- Add on your flower stems.
- Then place another layer of grass. You can roll the layers forward a bit so it pops off the page.
- Flip over the blue paper and trim off any grass that hangs over the edge.
- Now add on your flowers!
- And last your leaves.
- You can fluff your flower petals too to help them pop off the page!
More flower crafts you will love!
- Mess-Free glitter tulips – A fun art project that isn’t as messy as you would think!
- Tissue Paper Flowers – Strengthen fine motor skills while creating a fun tissue paper flower.
- Rainbow Paper Flowers – One of our most popular flower crafts!
When to make tulip art
Sometimes you see a craft and think, oh that’s cute! But then you don’t know when you will make it. Here are some ideas for this fun art project!
- Create this tulip art during a class party or before a picnic.
- When you’re practicing scissor skills. Learning to cut can be tricky, but projects like these help kids master the skill.
- Create cards with this craft and send them to loved ones.
If you loved this flower craft, share it by pinning or sharing on Facebook.
We are thankful for every share! Each time someone shares our posts, our site grows and we are so thankful that we can continue to create unique and simple projects for kids. Know a friend who’d like these construction paper tulips? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite kid’s craft board on Pinterest.