I have been making mini gluten-free meatballs for quite some time now and they are always a hit! One of my favorite food compliments is when the family won’t stop eating what I make. I have to kick them out of the kitchen to keep from eating all of these…and someone still manages to walk out with one in their mouth.
Gluten-Free Meatballs with Oatmeal
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
No time to make this easy dinner now? Pin it for later!
If you can’t make this meatball recipe now, pin it to your recipe ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips for making these oatmeal meatballs.
- Mix up a big batch and freeze them for later.
- Serve them with sauce or on the side with veggies and rice.
- Remember that the mini cupcake tin does the work for you. So don’t get too caught up in making the perfect ball shape.
How to make meatballs with oatmeal
Below is our recipe for gluten-free meatballs. Feel free to print it for easy reference.
Gluten Free Meatballs ~ with Oatmeal!
Don't miss out on this gluten-free meatball recipe!
- 1lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup Instant Oatmeal
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Basil
- 1/2 Tablespoon Parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 egg
- In a large mixing bowl, mix your ground beef, oatmeal, garlic, oregano, basil, parsley, salt, and egg. aka...all the ingredients.
- Scoop into balls and place them in a mini muffin pan. I like to use a cookie scoop for this, but a spoon or your fingers work just as well.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite spaghetti sauce, gravy, or plain!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 243Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 273mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 22g
More easy recipes you will love!
- Panko Fish Nuggets – These fish nuggets are kid-approved and super easy to whip up.
- Cornbread Casserole – Perfect for a dinner side dish.
- Perfect Pizza Crust – Get the perfectly crisp pizza crust every time!
If you loved this meatball recipe, share it by pinning or sharing on Facebook.
We are thankful for every share! Each time someone shares our posts, our site grows and we are so thankful that we can continue to create unique and simple projects for kids. Know a friend who’d like these oatmeal meatballs? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite recipe board on Pinterest.
Homemade Spaghetti Sauce - Twitchetts
Wednesday 11th of September 2019
[…] the batch for several rounds of spaghetti….Yeah, that NEVER happened. Even after I mastered my Oatmeal meatballs, I never made time for that […]
Wednesday 28th of December 2016
Can we use reg oats instead of instant ? I would put in food processor to make the mm more fine.
Thursday 29th of December 2016
I've never tried that, but I feel like it should work. Give it a try and let us know!
Friday 8th of July 2016
Thanks for sharing this , i am going to do this for sunday dinner, but instead im gonna use salted fish instead of the ground beef have a lovely weekend
Monday 11th of July 2016
That sounds like an interesting change. Let us know how it turns out!
Wednesday 25th of May 2016
These came out great tonight. I did substitute veal and turkey for the beef as that is what I had. But the seasonings and portions were perfect! I had often struggled trying my own gluten free meatballs, using gluten free bread, it never came out this good. This is a keeper! Thanks for sharing!
Thursday 26th of May 2016
I've never tried with veal and turkey! Sounds delicious!! So glad you enjoyed them!!
Saturday 21st of February 2015
I need to try this. I have never thought about using Oatmeal but this looks delicious.