Have you ever tried to create a frozen bubble? We’ve put a twist on this winter activity and made the bubbles colored. It’s the perfect snow day activity!
Colored Frozen Bubble
Yeah, we finally got a snow day!! So after the chili was started and the homemade hot cocoa was simmering on the stove, it was time to go out and play in the snow.
However, this wasn’t heavy snow. So there were no snowballs, forts, or snowmen to be made.
It was light and fluffy so we needed something else to do. We need a fun snow day activity! So we decided to make a colored frozen bubble.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
No time to make do winter activity now? Pin it for later!
If you don’t have any snow right now, pin it to your kids’ activity ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips for your frozen bubble activity
- Remove a bit of the bubble mixture from the bottle. This helps to keep the little fingers from getting too wet.
- Make sure the weather is cold enough. When we took these pictures it was about 20 degrees.
- Try to choose a day that isn’t too windy. You don’t want your bubbles blowing away before landing on the snow.
- Experiment with the amount of food coloring you use. Let your kids add more to see how the colors change.
- Remove the wands from the bubble bottles
- Add a good amount of food coloring to the bubble mixture.
- Now Start blowing bubbles.
- When they touch the snow they leave so much color.
- Now, wait and watch.
The frozen bubble will still blow away, getting pictures was tricky. This was such a fun snow day activity. I can’t wait to do it again!! The leftover snow is pretty too.
Painting in the Snow
This inspired us to paint in the snow. Just use the leftover bubbles and add it to a squirt bottle.
More winter activities you will love!
- Paint with snow – This fun winter art project creates unique results.
- Press painted snowflakes – Each snowflake is as unique as the real thing.
- 6-sided paper snowflakes – A classic craft that’s perfect for all ages!
If you loved this cold day fun, share it by pinning or sharing on Facebook.
We are thankful for every share! Each time someone shares our posts, our site grows and we are so thankful that we can continue to create unique and simple projects for kids. Know someone who’d like this simple activity? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite kid’s craft board on Pinterest.