These delicious panko breaded fish nuggets are perfect for a weeknight meal. They are quick to whip up and kid-approved.
Panko Breaded Fish Nuggets
I’ve been trying to work more fish into our dinner rotation. But some of the recipes out there are not exactly family-friendly.
These panko breaded fish nuggets are perfect for kids of all ages. They’re light and crispy and just the right amount of flavor to please the picky eater and the adult.
The first time I made these, my kids devoured them.
My picky daughter even asked for seconds.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
No time to make this panko breaded fish recipe now? Pin it for later!
If you can’t make this breaded fish recipe now, pin it to your dinner ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips for making this cod nuggets recipe
- Let your kids help! Give them a bag of panko crumbs and let them shake the nuggets.
- If they are old enough, they can even flip the fish inside the pan.
- Make sure to let them cool slightly on paper towels. This will help with excess oil.
- If you don’t have coconut oil, feel free to sub with whatever you have on hand.
How to make panko-breaded fish
Below is our recipe for panko-breaded fish nuggets. Feel free to print it for easy reference.
- 1 lb. Cod cut into pieces, about 1 inch long.
- 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- Place Flour in a gallon Ziploc baggie.
- Combine Panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Oregano, and Salt into a second Ziploc baggie. Shake to combine.
- Melt Coconut oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- While the oil is melting, place a handful of fish pieces into the flour bag. Shake to coat.
- Shake off excess flour and dip fish into eggs to coat. Make sure the excess egg drips off.
- Transfer to the Panko mix bag. Shake until well covered.
- Repeat until all of the fish pieces are completely covered in the Panko mix.
- Arrange pieces in the hot skillet and fry until golden brown. About 5-10 minutes, depending on the thickness.
- Flip and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until golden brown. For extra-thick pieces, you may need to rotate a 3rd or 4th time.
- Once browned on all sides, place pieces on a paper towel lined plate.
Are you trying to inspire creativity in your kids? Sign up for the weekly Twitchetts newsletter to get that and more. Get access to free printables, special offers, and weekly crafts and activities that kids will love!
More easy dinner ideas!
- Grandma’s Spaghetti Sauce – Almost as easy as opening the jar!
- Gluten Free Meatballs – All the flavor without the worry!
- Chorizo Stuffing – Perfect any time of the year.
If you loved this easy dinner idea, share it by pinning or sharing on Facebook.
We are thankful for every share! Each time someone shares our posts, our site grows and we are so thankful that we can continue to create unique and simple projects for kids. Know a friend who’d like these panko breaded fish nuggets? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite recipe board on Pinterest.