These handmade washer snowman ornaments are so much fun to create and you only need a few supplies. Hang them on your tree, give them as gifts, or use them to spruce up your gift wrap! They are so simple, you can whip up a bunch in no time!
Washer Snowman Ornaments
These little washer snowman ornaments are perfect for using up those random washers at the bottom of your junk drawer.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
When I was creating these washer ornaments, I had an a-ha moment. I can turn them into snowman ornaments!
They turned out so cute! They are the perfect addition to all of our fun DIY ornaments!
You can use them in a variety of ways:
- Hang them in your playroom or classroom.
- Give them as gifts at your holiday party.
- Use them to decorate your gift wrap.
- Place them on your Christmas tree.
No time to make this snowman ornament craft? Pin it for later!
If you’re currently in inspiration mode, that’s ok! Pin this to your favorite Pinterest board. That way you’ll be able to grab instructions when you’re ready!
Tips for creating this easy yarn snowman:
These ornaments are very simple. But here are some tips to help you along the way.
- Use varying washer sizes to create different-sized snowmen.
- Mix up the colors. Let your kids choose what color they want their snowman to be.
- If you are crafting with a large group, try starting each washer ahead of time.
- Cut about 3 feet of yarn and tie around the smaller washer leaving a little extra hanging out. Pull the long end of the string around your pointer finger.
- Then stick the yarn up through the hole in the washer and through the loop being held open with your finger.
- Pull tight creating a second knot.
- Continue this process until you have worked your way all the way around the washer.
- When you get near the beginning, trim off the extra yarn of the first knot.
- Finish tying your knots over the extra yarn until you are all the way around your washer. Then make a loop to hang the ornament.
- Repeat this process with your bigger washer, except instead of tying a loop, string the leftover yarn, from the bigger washer, up through the smaller washer hole and tie off.Try to get them as snug together as possible and trim off the extra yarn.
- Next, tie a little bit of red ribbon to create a scarf. A simple knot and a dab of glue will do.
- Then add a little glue to the knot at the top and slide your flange nut down onto the top of your snowman’s head.
Are you trying to inspire creativity in your kids? Sign up for the weekly Twitchetts newsletter to get that and more. Get access to free printables, special offers, and weekly crafts and activities that kids will love!
More handmade ornaments you will love!
- Angel Cork Ornament – This cork angel looks like she’s singing a Christmas hymn.
- Icicle Ornaments – Use air clay to create this classic ornament.
- Poured Ornaments – These ornaments are so easy and unique, no two will look alike!
If you loved these crafts with washers, share them by pinning or sharing them on Facebook.
This site wouldn’t be here without shares from people like you, and we are so thankful that you took the time to visit Twitchetts.
Know a friend who is looking for washer snowman ornaments? Please share this tutorial on Facebook or save it to your favorite board on Pinterest.