Create this amazing spider web wreath that’s perfect for decorating your front door this Halloween. It’s quick to create and uses simple supplies! Check out the whole tutorial and have the cutest door on the block!
Spider Web Wreath
I know, I know, I said that I was done with the Halloween crafts and posts, but I just can’t help myself! I am feeling extremely inspired this year and I have to share with you!
This cute spider web wreath is perfect for creating on your own but easy enough that the kiddos can help you.
Plus, you don’t have to break the bank by getting a bunch of supplies.
Your kids will love gathering the sticks needed to create this Halloween craft. Plus you can sneak in some fine motor skill building when they wrap the t-shirt yarn around them.
You can use this web craft for a variety of reasons beyond the front door.
- Hang it in your classroom or playroom.
- Be intentional about the number of times you wrap the yarn and you can use it as a counting activity.
- Let your kids play “house” with the spiders!
- Make a giant one and use it as a backdrop at a Halloween party.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
No time to make this Halloween wreath? Pin it for later!
If you’re currently in inspiration mode, that’s ok! Pin this to your favorite Pinterest board. That way you’ll be able to grab instructions when you’re ready!
How to make t-shirt yarn
Check out our step-by-step instructions for making t-shirt yarn!
Tips for creating this nature craft:
This Halloween wreath is very simple. But here are some tips for making it even easier!
- The instructions call for t-shirt yarn, but you can use any yarn you have!
- Choose sticks that are the size you want your wreath to be. You’ll need 3 similar-sized sticks.
- Find smaller sticks to make smaller wreaths and larger ones for a fun statement piece.
- If you are crafting with a large group, try to make the sticks the same size, so the results are consistent.
- 4 sticks. The 3 main sticks need to be the same size. (No longer than the width of your door.) The 4th stick can be smaller.
- A ball of t-shirt yarn made from one large white shirt (See how to make t-shirt yarn here).
- Plastic Spider
- Hot Glue Gun
- Start by using your hot glue to connect the 3 longer sticks together so they are visually pleasing to you.
- Glue down your t-shirt yarn in the center of your web. Begin by wrapping it around the center a few times.
- Next, start working your way out from the center. Wrap the yarn Over-Under-Over each stick working your way around the web.
- Once you get to the outside, secure the end with a little more hot glue. Leave some extra string at the end for the spider to dangle from. Attach your spider with more glue.
- Take the 4th stick and break to fit along the top. Glue in place. This stick will be used to hang your spider web wreath.
Are you trying to inspire creativity in your kids? Sign up for the weekly Twitchetts newsletter to get that and more. Get access to free printables, special offers, and weekly crafts and activities that kids will love!
More spider crafts you will love!
- Bouncing spiders – Create paper spiders that bounce.
- Climbing spiders – This craftivity creates spiders that seem to climb.
- Quilled spider – This paper quilling craft is perfect for young fingers.
If you loved this DIY Halloween decoration, share it by pinning or sharing it on Facebook.
This site wouldn’t be here without shares from people like you, and we are so thankful that you took the time to visit Twitchetts.
Know a friend who is looking for a spider web wreath? Please share this tutorial on Facebook or save it to your favorite board on Pinterest.