This easy spider craft with pipe cleaners is the perfect non-scary Halloween craft for preschoolers. Plus we sneak in a bit of fine motor skill-building. Always a plus!
Spider craft with pipe cleaners
There may only be one thing that I like better than a fun craft that my little one can help with. That is when you can tie in a fundamental skill in the process! This spider craft with pipe cleaners was so fun to make with V.
They are perfect for learning through play and since we don’t glue down the legs this can be played with over and over again! She can continue to take them apart and put them together again. Working on fine motor skills every single time!
Plus they are an amazing non-scary Halloween craft for kids.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
No time to make this spider craft for preschoolers? Pin it for later!
If you can’t make this spider craft for preschoolers now, pin it to your kids’ crafts ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips for these spider activities for preschoolers.
- If you’re crafting with a lot of kids, you can have the paper tube cut and the holes punched ahead of time. Then they just need to color the strips.
- Let your kids pick what color of pipe cleaners they want to use. The more colorful, the better!
Making spiders for Halloween
Below is our step by step tutorial for creating this pipe cleaner spiders. Feel free to print it for easy reference.
- A toilet paper tube. One tube made 5 spiders!
- Black marker.
- Pipe cleaners. 2 per spider.
- Googly eyes.
- Optional string or yarn to hang.
- Hole punch.
- Start by letting your little one color your toilet paper tube. You might need to assist by holding it for them. Then cut into equal strips. Again, I cut out 5 from my single toilet paper tube.
- Next, pinch in half and punch out 4 holes. Then reshape into circles.
- Cut your pipe cleaners in half and hand over to your little one. Have them put all 4 legs through both sides.
- Then bend the legs to shape however you like and glue on googly eyes.
With each leg, they will get better and better.
Are you trying to inspire creativity in your kids? Sign up for the weekly Twitchetts newsletter to get that and more. Get access to free printables, special offers, and weekly crafts and activities that kids will love!Join Here!
More spider you will love!
- Bouncing paper spiders – They actually bounce!
- Climbing spiders – Hang them around your house and your kids can make them climb.
- Crepe paper spiders – Hang them in front of a window for a fun Halloween craft.
When to make spider arts and crafts
Sometimes you see a craft and think, oh that’s cute! But then you don’t know when you will make it. Here are some ideas for spider arts and crafts!
- Prep the spiders and add them to a fine motor station in your classroom.
- Layout the supplies for an easy Halloween party activity.
- Attach string to them and hang them around your house or class.
- Toss the supplies into a plastic bag and use them as a quick restaurant boredom buster.
If you loved this non-scary Halloween craft, share it by pinning or sharing on Facebook.
We are thankful for every share! Each time someone shares our posts, our site grows and we are so thankful that we can continue to create unique and simple projects for kids. Know a friend who’d like this spider craft with pipe cleaners? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite kid’s craft board on Pinterest.