Minecraft crafts are perfect for any gamer who LOVES Minecraft. Grab some cardboard and let’s start making swords, torches, and pickaxes! These ideas are perfect for a birthday party, decorating that perfect Minecraft-themed bedroom, or just a fun activity!
I had so much fun planning my son’s Minecraft party! All the pixel crafts were perfect for my Minecraft fan.
The timing couldn’t have been better, we recently moved and I had plenty of cardboard boxes to use for these projects. If you are in need of boxes you can always look on Facebook Marketplace (moving boxes).
I hope at least one of these Minecraft projects spark some inspiration!
These craft ideas are can be made by parents or by older kids, with adult supervision.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
When to create these Minecraft-themed ideas
You can create these projects all year long. Here are some fun ways to use them.
- A Minecraft birthday party.
- Decorate a bedroom or game room.
- Create a real-life game of Minecraft.
Our Favorite Craft Supplies
When creating these Minecraft activities, you are probably going to want to stock up on some supplies.
These craft supplies are perfect for crafting with kids. While not each of them is used in the crafts below, they are all staples in our craft bin. If you don’t have any on hand, that might be ok. Take a look at the craft first to see whether or not you need them.
- Construction Paper – One of our favorite craft supplies.
- Cardboard – Perfect for using up all those boxes you get in the mail!
- Craft Sticks or popsicle sticks – A classic staple, use them in your craft or to mix paint.
- Kid-Friendly paint – Kids love to get messy! Check out our favorite tips for painting with young children.
- Googly Eyes – You can literally add them to any project and it instantly becomes cuter.
- Tissue Paper – We always have this on hand. Buy it new or use or save it from birthday parties and holidays.
- Toilet Paper/Paper Towel Rolls – A great way to recycle your paper tubes is to use them in crafts!
- Paper Plates – Grab this party supply to create fun crafts.
- Contact Paper – We use this a lot to create suncatcher crafts
- Pipe Cleaners – Their bendy and hold their shape, which makes for some fun creating!
- Coffee Filters – This inexpensive item is fun to create with.
- Pom Poms – Fluffy and always fun.
- Egg Cartons – Recycle these into fantastic crafts!
- Puffy Paint – Makes great snow!!
- Paper Bags – Using this recycled supply is a fun way to make puppets.
Pin this collection of Video Game Crafts
Are you still brainstorming? No worries, just pin this to your favorite craft board so you can easily find these fun winter crafts
Minecraft Craft Ideas
These craft ideas are great for gamers to create in real life.
These cardboard swords are perfect for having epic battles or decorating a playroom.
You can't mine for ores without a good pickaxe.
These bricks would make a fantastic room decoration. Mix and match them in any type you like. From iron ingots to diamond blocks.
These cardboard torches actually light up!
Fake Tea Lights
Organize your mini-figure collection with this easy display stand.
Other fun crafts you may enjoy
You may enjoy some of these other easy crafts for kids!
- Lightsaber – Use pool noodles to create an epic battle.
- Angry Birds Rocks – Rock painting for the gamer.
Please share this collection of tween crafts.
This site wouldn’t be here without shares from people like you, and we are so thankful that you took the time to visit Twitchetts.
Know a friend who is looking for Minecraft crafts? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite board on Pinterest.
31 Epic Cardboard Box Crafts für einen regnerischen Tag – Folgendes kann ich tun
Thursday 4th of February 2021
[…] Bild und Tutorial: Twitchetts […]
The Best Kids’ Party Ideas For All Occasion | DIY Projects - The How To
Friday 15th of February 2019
[…] 7. DIY Minecraft Party DIY Minecraft Crafts Photo by Twitchetts […]
How to Limit Screen Time with Clever Diversions - Moms and Crafters
Thursday 3rd of May 2018
[…] a cardboard pickaxe for your child to decorate and have them head outside to “chop” down various trees. Cut out […]
Seeing Pixels ~ A MINECRAFT Themed Birthday Party! - Twitchetts
Monday 28th of November 2016
[…] that will have your birthday kiddo and guests wondering how you pulled it off. I am still seeing Pixels after the prep that went into this party! I mean just think squares… square food, square […]
31 Awesome Ways to Entertain Kids with a Cardboard Box | Blended
Monday 21st of March 2016
[…] Image and tutorial: Twitchetts […]