Create lovely paper doily flowers with this step-by-step tutorial. This paper rose craft is perfect for building fine motor skills. You can use them to decorate your classroom, a tea party, a wedding, or a sweet birthday party.
Paper Doily Flowers
If you follow along you know that I am a self-proclaimed craft hoarder. I tend to hold onto craft supplies for way too long in the hopes that I might find a good use for them down the road.
I bought a pack of doilies for V’s first birthday party. I used them to decorate her giant V.
These doilies worked perfectly for creating this paper rose craft.
Like many of our projects, this is an easy craft that we’ve snuck some fine motor skill-building into.
You can use these roses for a variety of reasons. We use them to fill a small decorative bowl. Here are some other fun ways to use these paper flowers.
- String them together to make a flower garland.
- Decorate a table or two at a wedding or bridal shower.
- Simple party favors
- Attach them to gift wrap.
- Create a bouquet for Mother’s Day or Valentine’s Day.
- Decorate an Easter basket
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
No time to make this doily craft? Pin it for later!
If you’re currently in inspiration mode, that’s ok! Pin this to your favorite Pinterest board. That way you’ll be able to grab instructions when you’re ready!
Tips for creating paper rose crafts:
This roses are very simple. But here are some tips to help you along the way.
- If you are making a lot, cut the centers out of multiple doilies at once.
- Don’t have twist ties? That’s ok, use small hair ties, rubber bands, or even string to tie the ends together.
- When fluffing the petals, start on the outside and work your toward the middle of the doily
- Use a light touch with the watercolors. You can always go back and add more paint later.
- Experiment with different colors. You can decorate these pretty paper flowers with bright colors, pastels, or even leave them white.
- Twisty Ties
- Paint Brush
- Remove the center of the doily.
- Around the exterior of the doily, make small cuts.
- Begin to roll the doily.
- Hold the base tightly as you roll it up.
- Secure the tight end with a twist tie.
- Gently fluff down the petals.
- Lightly brush the tips of the petals with the watercolor of your choice.
More flower crafts you will love!
These paper flowers are fun and easy!
- Snowflake Flowers – Use the classic paper snowflake technique to create fun flowers.
- Rainbow Flowers – Another paper flower craft that sneaks in fine-motor skill building.
- Tissue Paper Flowers – Just like the name sounds. These are simple an lovely flowers made with tissue paper.
If you loved these doily roses, share them by pinning or sharing on Facebook.
This site wouldn’t be here without shares from people like you, and we are so thankful that you took the time to visit Twitchetts.
Know a friend who is looking for paper doily flowers? Please share this tutorial on Facebook or save it to your favorite board on Pinterest.