These snowflake shaped flowers are perfect for kids to whip up. Use construction paper to create this spring craft for kids.
Snowflake Shaped Flowers
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
No time to make this flower craft now? Pin it for later!
If you’re currently in the middle of planning your craft time, save this pin and come back to it when you’re ready to create. That way you’ll be able to grab all the fun crafts when you’re ready!
Tips for making this construction paper flower:
- Let your child chose whatever color they want for their flowers. There is no wrong answer!
- This craft is perfect for building cutting skills. Watch your child for proper scissor technique.
- Construction paper works well for the flowers since it is easier to fold and cut through multiple layers.
- You can cut some of the edges and open them to see the design. Then fold it back up and add more if you like!
- White or Blue Paper for Background
- Flower Color Construction Paper
- Pencil (optional for younger kids)
- Glue Stick
- Green Marker
- Fold your construction paper into 4ths. Then make a triangle corner so you can create squares.
- Cut off the excess paper.
- Unfold and cut into 4 squares.
- Fold back into a triangle and lightly fold up the right tip.
- Then fold up the left tip. This should create a tulip shape. Adjust so that all 3 triangles are the same size.
- Round off the uneven edges. This will leave you with a teardrop shape.
- If your child is able to cut the edges of the shape let them go to town. If not let them use a pencil to draw some shapes for you to cut out.
- Unfold your flowers and arrange them on your paper.
- Glue down flowers in a few places to secure them.
- Using your green marker add stems, leaves, and/or vines. Then place grass along the bottom of the paper.
Are you trying to inspire creativity in your kids? Sign up for the weekly Twitchetts newsletter to get that and more. Get access to free printables, special offers, and weekly crafts and activities that kids will love!
More spring crafts you will love!
- Paper Butterflies – Let your kids build a unique butterfly with construction paper.
- Mess-Free Glitter Flowers – Make your flowers sparkle with this mess-free craft.
- Flower bookmarks – This art project makes lovely bookmarks for their spring reading.