This chorizo stuffing is perfect for any holiday dinner. It’s simple to put together and full of flavor!
If there’s one thing that every holiday spread needs it’s stuffing!
The one thing about stuffing… Everyone makes it different. In the past, we shared with you a tasty classic homemade stuffing recipe.
While that is still a go-to recipe for us, sometimes you just want to mix it up. For that, I give you My Man’s Easy Chorizo Stuffing!
Now as the name suggests, this is another recipe that My Man actually came up with… he just loves to cook, and I love to be his taste tester.
This is a really fast stuffing to put together, so you can make it on its own or in addition to your more traditional stuffing.
Making your chorizo side dish:
Brown the chorizo and remove any excess grease.
Add the onions and give them a good sautee.
Add your bread, chorizo, basil, onion, egg, and a pinch of salt into a baking dish.
Then slowly add in your chicken stock as you lightly toss the bread. You want it to be wet but not dripping.
Your hands work great for this. If you prefer a spoon make sure not to squish your bread! (You may have some liquid left over depending on the dryness of the bread)
Place into an oven at 350 degrees for 35-40 mins or until the tops are golden brown.
Take it out and enjoy this oh so tasty side dish that is sure to please your crowd!
- 6oz Chorizo
- 1 Loaf of French Bread, cubed
- Basil (about 5 leaves), roughly chopped
- 1/2 of a Small Onion, diced
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2C Chicken Stock
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Brown the chorizo and remove any excess grease.
- Add the onions and give them a good saute.
- Add your bread, chorizo, basil, onion, egg, and a pinch of salt into a baking dish.
- Then slowly add in your chicken stock as you lightly toss the bread. You want it to be wet but not dripping.
- Bake for 35-40 mins or until the tops are golden brown.
The chorizo will give it a slight heat and the basil adds in the savory making this such a tasty dish along side of any meal.