These easy process art ideas for preschoolers will spark creativity in your little one. Let your kids experiment and learn with these fun art projects.
Process Art Ideas for Preschoolers
Process Art is a technique that is child-led. The process is all about discovery and creative process of the project. Not the final product. In fact, the final product is always different and unique.
We believe that there are two different types of projects for kids. Process art and product art.
Process art is more open-ended. You give your children the supplies and a small amount of guidance.
In product art, the final craft is specific. Construction paper crafts are a great example of this.
Each of these types of crafts has its place and benefits.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Don’t have time to create these now? Pin it for later!
If you’re currently working on your art lesson plan or play date, save this pin and come back to it at home. That way you’ll be able to grab all the fun road trip printables when you’re ready!
Tips for getting the most out of your art projects
- These projects can get messy! We recommend creating outdoors or in a space where the mess wont be an issue.
- Let your kids experiment It is all about the process! There is no “right” or “wrong” way of doing these projects.
- Allow children to come and go as they please. Every child has a different attention span.
- Be playful in the art-making process. If you are stressed about the mess, they will be too.
- Ask your children questions as they create. Let them explain what they are creating and learning.
Are you trying to inspire creativity in your kids? Sign up for the weekly Twitchetts newsletter to get that and more. Get access to free printables, special offers, and weekly crafts and activities that kids will love!
Sharing is caring!
Our site wouldn’t be here without shares from people like you, and we are so thankful that you took the time to visit Twitchetts. Know a friend who’d like these process art ideas? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite board on Pinterest.