This easy turkey puppet craft is perfect for your Thanksgiving celebration. Your kids can create this puppet on a stick and then play. Which is our favorite kind of craft!
During the Thanksgiving holiday, we create loads of fun turkey crafts. What I love about this turkey puppet is how easy it is to play with afterward.
Kids can craft this turkey and then put on a fun Thanksgiving puppet show or place the sticks into a decorative vase for a fun Thanksgiving centerpiece.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
No time to make this paper turkey craft now? Pin it for later!
If you can’t make this paper turkey now, pin it to your kids’ crafts ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips for making this puppet on a stick
- Make sure your kids hold down the feathers to the count of 10. This will give the glue time to set a bit and prevent the feathers from slipping too much.
- If you are working with young kids, you may want to cut the small pieces out first.
- Don’t have googly eyes? Just draw on some fun eyes or use white paper.
Grab your Thanksgiving Day Parade Bingo Sheets!
How to make turkey craft stick puppets
Below is our step by step tutorial for creating this turkey puppet craft. Feel free to print it for easy reference.
- Trace and cut out the paper pieces from the provided template.
- Attach the wattle onto the head and attach the legs at the bottom.
- Add the beak onto the face by overlapping the top end of the wattle a little. Also, attach the googly eyes.
- Flip the paper turkey to its wrong side. Grab some colored craft feathers and attach them on the backside of the paper turkey. Make sure that the feathers are visible from the front side of the turkey. Mix and match different colored feathers to make a fun pattern.
- Attach the wing cutouts on both sides of the turkey body part.
- Finally, attach the paper turkey onto a craft stick.
Are you trying to inspire creativity in your kids? Sign up for the weekly Twitchetts newsletter to get that and more. Get access to free printables, special offers, and weekly crafts and activities that kids will love!
More Thanksgiving projects you will love!
- 3D Paper Turkey Craft – Our most popular turkey craft!
- Thankful Tree – This craftivity teaches your kids about being thankful.
- Coloring Page Thanksgiving Placemats – For preschoolers, early readers, or big kids! Perfect for your Thanksgiving kid’s table.
When to make this Thanksgiving turkey craft
Sometimes you see a craft and think, oh that’s cute! But then you don’t know when you will make it. Here are some ideas for this fun art project!
- Let your kids create the puppet and then plan a fun puppet show.
- Use the stick to put the turkey into a vase. Perfect for a Thanksgiving centerpiece.
- Skip the stick and use this paper turkey to decorate your classroom or playroom.
- Or, write names on them to make cute Thanksgiving place setting cards.
If you loved this paper turkey, share it by pinning or sharing on Facebook.
We are thankful for every share! Each time someone shares our posts, our site grows and we are so thankful that we can continue to create unique and simple projects for kids. Know a friend who’d like this turkey puppet? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite kid’s craft board on Pinterest.