This Construction Paper Turkey Craft is a beautiful 3D construction paper craft that kids can create. They make a fantastic Thanksgiving decoration that you can hang or place on the table.
Construction Paper Turkey
This is my favorite of our construction paper turkeys.
We have fun melted crayon turkeys and fine motor turkeys that we have shared with you in the past. However, this paper turkey just has an extra wow factor to it.
Everyone seems to like them the best! If you love the look of these make sure to check out the Shamrocks I did for St. Patrick’s day last year.
We even turned this craft into a coloring page style craft. You can grab the printable here!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
No time to make this turkey craft now? Pin it for later!
If you can’t make this turkey craft now, pin it to your kids’ crafts ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips for making this Thanksgiving craft.
- Print our turkey template if you are doing this craft with a group of kids or if you just want to save time. It comes in full color and black and white.
- If you are crafting with a lot of kids, use a paper cutter to speed up the process.
- Instead of cutting out each piece of the face, let your kiddo draw it on.
- Stapling the loops together can be tricky for little fingers, be prepared to help.
How to make a paper turkey
These step by step instructions will help you create this fun construction paper turkey. Then watch it all in action in the short video.
- Start by cutting your red, orange, & yellow construction paper into 1-inch strips.
- Then break them into 5 groups of 5, alternating colors in whichever way you like. Next, stagger the ends down about an inch each color. Flip-up one end of the stack and cut the ends even.
- This will leave them all at different lengths. Bring all of the ends together in a teardrop shape and staple.
- Repeat 4 more times. Creating 5 teardrop-shaped feathers.
- Next, place a dab of white glue between at the base of each feather and staple them from both sides.
- Secure with a clothespin until dry.
- While your turkey feathers are drying, take a piece of brown construction paper and draw a turkey body. Then cut it out. Add on a couple of googly eyes. Using your scraps, make a beak and a wattle and attach with a small dab of white glue.
- Once the tail is dry attach your body with glue and you’re done!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
More Thanksgiving projects you will love!
- Turkey Rock Craft – Use construction paper to decorate rocks.
- DIY Thankful Tree – Help teach kids about being thankful with this fun tree craftivity.
If you loved this holiday craft, share it by pinning or sharing on Facebook.
We are thankful for every share! Each time someone shares our posts, our site grows and we are so thankful that we can continue to create unique and simple projects for kids. Know a friend who’d like this construction paper turkey? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite kid’s craft board on Pinterest.
Easy Turkey Crafts And Thanksgiving Activities For Kids - Perfection Pending
Tuesday 18th of January 2022
[…] Construction Paper Turkey […]
70 meilleurs métiers de Thanksgiving pour les enfants – mes emplois préférés
Saturday 4th of December 2021
[…] Papier de construction Turquie Craft de Twitchetts […]
Turkey Crafts for Kids - Fun Craft Ideas for Fall 2021
Tuesday 6th of July 2021
[…] Image and Tutorial by twitchetts […]
How to make fun melted crayon turkeys this Thanksgiving - Twitchetts
Monday 11th of January 2021
[…] Related Craft: Our most popular turkey craft yet! Kids love it and they look so cool! […]
65 Best Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids - Prudent Penny Pincher
Tuesday 29th of December 2020
[…] Paper Turkey Craft from Twitchetts […]