Thinking of suncatchers brings back memories of the suncatchers hung in my Mother’s kitchen windows. Beautiful colors sparkling throughout the kitchen. Here are some colorful suncatcher crafts for kids that you can make with your children building memories they will cherish.
Are you looking for an easy craft for lots of kids? Or maybe just an afternoon craft for when it’s too hot to play outside.
Suncatcher crafts are perfect for any time of year. And because they are an easy craft for kids, they are great for a group of kids or a classroom craft.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Tips for creating suncatchers for kids
- Suncatchers are great for any time of year. If you like a style, but the theme is about out of season, switch up the shape!
- Save time by cutting the small pieces before the crafting time starts. Grab a good hole punch and start prepping!
- Or, if you’re trying to build fine motor skills, have your kids cut the pieces out and create the suncatcher in two different sessions. This helps to prevent your kids from getting bored with the activity.
- If you’re crafting with a lot of kids, keep the small pieces in bowls along the center of the table. You can decide if you want the bowls to be divided by color, shape, or all mixed up.
Ideas for hanging your kid’s suncatchers
So you’ve created about 50 suncatchers…and now you have to display them all. Here are some ideas for hanging your suncatchers.
- Let your kids hang them in their bedroom window.
- Decorate your classroom windows.
- Hang the suncatchers on your Christmas tree.
- Cover the sliding glass door.
- Decorate your classroom door.
- Display one on your back car window. (Please use common sense with this method and don’t hang them somewhere that isn’t safe.)
- Hang a couple onto the pull strings on your ceiling fan.
Where will you display your creation?
Are you trying to inspire creativity in your kids? Sign up for the weekly Twitchetts newsletter to get that and more. Get access to free printables, special offers, and weekly crafts and activities that kids will love! Plus, for signing up today, you’ll get a coupon code for 50% off your travel printables!Get your coupon code!
More easy craft ideas you might like
- Fine Motor Turkey Feathers. Same concept as some of the suncatchers and perfect for Thanksgiving.
- Dotted Bookmarks. Have some extra dots cut out from one of these crafts? Use them to create a colorful bookmark! They make great gifts from kids.
- Rainbow Flowers. These construction paper flowers are one of our most popular crafts and they are perfect for creating with young kids.
Sharing is caring!
Our site wouldn’t be here without shares from people like you, and we are so thankful that you took the time to visit Twitchetts. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite vacation ideas board on Pinterest.