Create a unique paper unicorn with an adorable curly tail. This fun unicorn craft is perfect for birthday parties or just an afternoon of creating with your kids.
My daughter is obsessed with unicorns. They decorate her room, she dresses up as a unicorn, and any time she sees something unicorn at the store, she wants it.
Unicorn crafts can be a bit challenging because creating a unicorn isn’t always easy. So we came up with this fun and easy printable paper unicorn craft.
My daughter loves it because she can create a fun unicorn and have it look “realistic”. Plus, the 3D effect always wows the kiddos.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
No time to make this unicorn craft now? Pin it for later!
If you can’t make this unicorn craft now, pin it to your kids’ crafts ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips for making this printable unicorn craft
- For younger children, you can cut strips ahead of time.
- Make sure that the strip is secured before curling and attaching the second end. We like to press and count to ten.
- One printable pack will have enough strips to create all 3 unicorns.
- They can draw around the unicorn to complete their project.
- The unicorn template also comes in black and white. So kids can color the unicorns however they want!
How to make a unicorn papercraft
Below is our step by step tutorial for creating this paper unicorn craft. Feel free to print them for easy reference!
- Paper Cutter or Scissors
- Glue Stick
- Print out your unicorn printable pack.
- Cut the rainbow strips.
- Place a dab of glue where the tail would come off of the unicorn and attach paper strip, color side up.
- Curl the strip a few times and then attach to the paper.
- Continue with as many strips as you like!
Are you trying to inspire creativity in your kids? Sign up for the weekly Twitchetts newsletter to get that and more. Get access to free printables, special offers, and weekly crafts and activities that kids will love!
More kids’ crafts you will love!
- Unicorn Crown – Kids can pretend to be unicorns with this fun craft
- Paper Pig – Love creating animals? Check out this adorable paper pig craft
- Unicorn Coloring Pages – These are a big hit in our Etsy shop!
If you loved this unicorn template, share it by pinning or sharing on Facebook.
We are thankful for every share! Each time someone shares our posts, our site grows and we are so thankful that we can continue to create unique and simple projects for kids. Know a friend who’d like this paper unicorn craft? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite kid’s craft board on Pinterest.