Learn how to make paper spheres with these step-by-step instructions or a video tutorial. This rainbow craft is perfect for kids of all ages. Use them to toss around the class, hang in your playroom as a mobile, and more!
Rainbow Paper Spheres
Creating these paper spheres is great scissor practice for little ones, so you can squeeze a bit of learning into the activity!
You can use these paper balls for a variety of reasons. We like to toss them around for fun. Here are some other ways to use this easy craft.
- String them together to make a garland.
- Hang them from a string to make a mobile.
- Make a bunch of tiny ones to use as counting manipulatives.
- Attach them to wrapping paper.
- Use them to make 3D paper sphere ornaments.
- Create them when you teach your class about geometric shapes.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
No time to make this construction paper craft? Pin it for later!
If you’re currently in inspiration mode, that’s ok! Pin this to your favorite Pinterest board. That way you’ll be able to grab instructions when you’re ready!
Tips for creating paper balls:
This craft is very simple. But here are some tips to help you along the way.
- If you are making a lot, use our template or cut the circles ahead of time.
- Play with the color scheme. Let your kids pick out the colors or use them to teach about secondary colors.
- Let your child cut each circle to help build those cutting skills.
- Change the size of the sphere by choosing a small or large circle.
- Construction Paper. One sheet of each color of the rainbow.
- Something Circle to Trace
- Glue Stick
- String (Only if you plan to hang them)
- Printable Template (optional)
- Stack all of your sheets of construction paper together and trace a circle on the top piece of paper. You’ll need 2 circles per sphere.
- With a good pair of scissors, you should be able to cut all of the pages together.
- Next, fold all of your circles in half. They will look like tacos… Place your folded circles under something heavy to help give them a good crease. After they have sat a bit, you can start to put them together. Using your glue stick assemble them in order.
- Stack them in rainbow order (Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple) and then do it again.
- If you are going to hang your rainbow spheres add the string now. Then glue together the 2 outside edges.
- You can string multiple paper spheres together or wrap the string along the inside of one “taco” and tie it off at the top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
More rainbow crafts you will love!
These rainbow crafts are fun and easy!
- Rainbow Flowers – One of our most popular flower crafts.
- 3D Rainbow – Make a paper rainbow that really stands!
- Rainbow Bookmarks – Perfect for giving as kid-made gifts.
If you loved this sphere craft, share them by pinning or sharing it on Facebook.
This site wouldn’t be here without shares from people like you, and we are so thankful that you took the time to visit Twitchetts.
Know a friend who wants to know how to make paper spheres? Please share this tutorial on Facebook or save it to your favorite board on Pinterest.