Creating these jaw-dropping rainbow-colored paper shamrocks is much easier than you might think. Grab some construction paper and let’s make this fun St Patrick’s Day craft for kids!
Rainbow Colored Paper Shamrocks
Like many crafts and activities we do, they often start as one thing and evolve into another.
This craft started as a paper rainbow, then it morphed into this cute Rainbow Heart. Before we knew it, we had these fun rainbow paper shamrocks and we have become obsessed!
This rainbow craft is actually super simple to create and your kids will love to make them! You can use them to decorate your house for St Patrick’s Day or to give to loved ones!
And, since they are made with construction paper, they are inexpensive enough to make with a group of kids.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
No time to make this easy shamrock craft now? Pin it for later!
If you can’t make this shamrock craft now, pin it to your kids’ crafts ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Making your St Patty’s Day Crafts for Kids:
- Kids may have trouble, stapling through multiple layers of paper. Be prepared to help with this step.
- If you’re crafting with a large number of kids, it might be quicker to cut the paper strips first.
- Try tying this shamrock to a piece of string so that it can be hung from the ceiling.
How to make a rainbow shamrock craft
Below is our step by step tutorial for creating this rainbow shamrock craft. Feel free to print it for easy reference.
- Paper Cutter
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Start by measuring across your construction paper. Make dashes every inch. Most construction paper is 9″ wide which works out perfect to create your 8 leaf pieces and one stem.
- Make sure your strips are stacked in a rainbow order with the Green on the outside. (Green, Blue, Purple, Red, Orange, Yellow)
- Slide each color back about an inch and then cut all the ends off even with the green. This will make each color a different length. Green longest all of the way to Yellow as the shortest. Staple the end where all of the colors are even.
- Starting with the Yellow, fold each color down to the bottom creating a teardrop.
- Staple the ends together. They should form a teardrop shape. Then attach two teardrops together to create a heart.
- Repeat this 3 more times to create a shamrock, 4 more times to create a 4-leaf clover. Then on the last teardrop trim off the arch to create the stem. Line up your leaves and stem and squeeze hot glue down the center. Add a Button in the middle, to hide the seam, and hold it all together.
- Then flip and squeeze some hot glue down the back center. Then you are done!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
More St Patty’s Day projects you will love!
- Shamrock Mobile – Grab the template to create this easy St Patty’s Day craft.
- No-Mess Glitter Shamrocks – Check out how we make these glitter shamrocks, without all the mess.
- Musical Shamrocks – Combine art and music with this fun craftivity.
When to make Shamrock crafts
Sometimes you see a craft and think, oh that’s cute! But then you don’t know when you will make it. Here are some ideas for this fun art project!
- This is a great craft for a classroom party.
- Decorate your bulletin board.
- Hang them in your playroom.
- Use them to decorate a table.
- Gift them to a loved one.
If you loved this rainbow craft, share it by pinning or sharing on Facebook.
We are thankful for every share! Each time someone shares our posts, our site grows and we are so thankful that we can continue to create unique and simple projects for kids. Know a friend who’d like this rainbow colored paper shamrock? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite kid’s craft board on Pinterest.