Up until today I have always bought my applesauce. I never gave it a second thought… Today I decided to give making it a try.
This is how the applesauce will come out plain. The pink tint comes from the peels.
Why you might ask?
1. Homemade guarantees what is in it.
2. I have to go all the way to Whole Foods just to get a bigger jar that’s organic.
3. My sons lunch box has different compartments for food so the individual ones don’t work for me.
4. The last bag of apples I bought had a few bruised ones (J thinks that is disgusting) so they would have been around awhile.
5. From time to time I like to test my abilities in the kitchen.
This is my first time making homemade applesauce, and it turned out AMAZING!
Licking the spatula like it was frosting good!
It was SO easy and SO quick, I can’t picture myself buying it again.
Here’s what you need…
Apples. I have 5 Organic Pink Ladies
Apple Juice. About Half a Cup. Mine is Organic, no added sugar.
Lemon Juice. 1 Tablespoon. I went fresh squeezed
Cinnamon. To Taste. Totally Optional to add in.
Start by cutting apples in half, then quarter, and then cut out the cores.
Cut each quarter in half, then cube.
Add everything to a Med sized sauce pan and bring to a simmer.
Stirring frequently lower temp and cover for about 10 mins.
You want to be able to pierce with fork, but not be mush.
Add everything to a Good blender.
I have a Ninja Blender , and I absolutely love it! It gets the job done.
Start on a low setting, then scrape down the sides once.
After that let it go on high speed until its nice and smooth.
If you are worried about your blender you can peel the apples first.
I prefer to leave them on for the nutrients.
You can serve it up warm, which I did today.
The rest to the fridge for over the weekend.
It wont last long…
Hope you give this a try!
It’s Worth It!
I need to do this while apples are in season and cheap!
If you want to see more reviews, you can check the Ninjaout here—->