Build a Lego Minifigure display stand using legos that you already own! This simple structure is perfect for keeping your kid’s Minifigures off your floor and on display.
DIY Lego Minifigure display stand
If you have a kid over the age of 2 you probably own a few Lego. By the age of 6, “a few” becomes the understatement of the year. The one thing we all know about Lego is, there is no containing them. No matter how many storage bins and containers you get, they are always on the floor.
Of all the Lego my son has, the only thing he “tries” to keep out are the Minifigures. This, however, seems impossible, as there are heads and arms and pants all over his room. We needed a Lego Minifigure display stand.
Since my son loves building with Lego so much that we even use them for his chore chart, I chose to build the Minifigure stand out of lego too. He helped me with the initial base design and picking the colors, but I did the major work (aka, the gluing). Now he can display, rearrange, and even play with his Minifigure stand.
He loved this stand so much, that he asked me to build another stand for his Minecraft collection.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
No time to make this Lego stand now? Pin it for later!
If you can’t make this Lego stand now, pin it to your kids’ crafts ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips for making this Lego display stand
- Try to get a good Minifigure inventory before you get started. That way you build a stand big enough for your child’s current collection, plus a few more.
- If they have too many characters, maybe two smaller stands will work better.
- When adding the thin Lego strips, use a square block to keep them straight. Just don’t glue them down by mistake!
- Include your child as much as possible. From choosing the colors to building the base. They will be filled with pride when they display their Minifigures.
How to make a DIY Lego Minifigure stand
Below is our step by step tutorial for creating this Lego Minifigure display stand. Feel free to print it for easy reference.
- Using the Mega Blocks, build a stair style base that is at least 3 steps tall.
- Once you are happy with the size of your stand, glue the pieces together using super glue. (aka...Kragle)
- Spray paint your stand any color that you, or your child chooses. My son chose black.
- Once the paint is dry, it's time to start adding the plate pieces. I used small square Legos to keep the plates in straight. But these are temporary.
- Super glue the plates onto the stand.
- After allowing the glue to dry a bit , remove the square blocks. Give your Lego Minifigures stand plenty of time to completely dry.
- Finally, add Minifigures!
More projects you will love!
- Minecraft Minifigure Display – Display your Minecraft collection with this easy to create display!
- Lego Memory Game – Perfect for a Lego party or a rainy afternoon
- Lego Chore Chart – Help motivate your child to complete their chores with this fun and unique chore chart!
When to make this Lego storage
Sometimes you see a craft and think, oh that’s cute! But then you don’t know when you will make it. Here are some ideas for this fun craft project!
- This display will go great in a Lego-themed bedroom.
- Pair it with a Lego table in your playroom.
- This Lego stand makes a fantastic gift for any Lego loving child.
If you loved this Lego craft, share it by pinning or sharing on Facebook.
We are thankful for every share! Each time someone shares our posts, our site grows and we are so thankful that we can continue to create unique and simple projects for kids. Know a friend who’d like this Lego Minifigure display stand? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite kid’s craft board on Pinterest.