Learn how to make heart decorations using cardboard with these step by step instructions. This cardboard heart art project is a great craft for kids to make.
Cardboard Heart Decorations
These cardboard heart decorations are perfect for a kids art project.
Use them to decorate your classroom or playroom. They are great for preschoolers and kindergarteners.
You could also attach them to a heavy piece of cardstock for a unique Valentine’s Day card or Mother’s Day gift.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
No time to make this heart art now? Pin it for later!
If you’re currently in the middle of planning your art time, save this pin and come back to it when you’re ready to create. That way you’ll be able to grab all the fun crafts when you’re ready!
Tips for making this cardboard heart:
- Depending on your child’s age and skill level, you may have to cut the heart out of the cardboard ahead of time.
- You can punch a hole in these to hang them for decoration.
- You can write a message on the backside to give to someone special.
- Use them to decorate a large card for Valentine’s Day or Mother’s Day.
- Paint (any color)
- Start by cutting your cardboard into a heart shape.
- Using the back end of the paintbrush poke holes in the heart.
- Using your brush, pry off the top layer of the cardboard.Once you get it started it can be removed by pulling it off with your fingers.
- You can also remove some of the top layers near the edges.
- Once you are happy with the design it is time to start painting!
- Start with the flat surfaces of your heart.
- Next, paint all of the lines exposed from removing the top layer.
Are you trying to inspire creativity in your kids? Sign up for the weekly Twitchetts newsletter to get that and more. Get access to free printables, special offers, and weekly crafts and activities that kids will love!
More heart crafts you will love!
- Bubble Wrap Hearts – This unique art project uses bubble wrap to create hearts.
- Heart painted rocks – A rock painting project that is perfect for kids of all ages.
- Heart Suncatchers – Hang them in your window to inspire love all year long!