These red, white, and blue cookie bars are delicious and sure to be a hit at your 4th of July party or Memorial Day BBQ. Made from scratch, but super simple.
Red, White, and Blue Cookie Bars
4th of July is a great holiday to celebrate with kids. From the amazing fireworks, the patriotic crafts, and the delicious BBQ food. There is so much fun to be had!
My go-to dessert to bring to a 4th of July BBQ is our cheesecake spread paired with strawberries & blueberries. But I thought I would step it up a notch this year and make something that is a bit more involved.
These red, white, and blue cookie bars are festive and delicious. So they will look amazing at the dessert table of any party.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
No time to make this red, white, and blue dessert now? Pin it for later!
If you can’t bake this now, pin it to your desserts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips for making 4th of July cookie bars
- Mix up the colors to match any holiday or party theme!
- Serve them in the pan or sliced up on a plate!
How to make this 4th of July dessert
Below is the recipe for these delicious red, white, and blue cookie bars. Feel free to print them for easy reference!
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 2 large eggs + 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups unbleached flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Holiday Sprinkles
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Mix in the egg and the vanilla.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix well until the dough forms.
- Fold in holiday sprinkles (I used about ½ cup. You could do more or less).
- Line a 9x13 baking dish with parchment paper and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Spread batter into pan.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes (time may depend on how thick your dough is).
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- While the cookie is cooling, make the frosting (directions below).
- Once the cookie is cooled, remove from baking dish and frost.
- Garnish with holiday sprinkles and cut into squares or bars.
- Cream together softened butter and vanilla.
- Add in powdered sugar and salt.
- Mix well with a fork or an electric mixer.
Are you trying to inspire creativity in your kids? Sign up for the weekly Twitchetts newsletter to get that and more. Get access to free printables, special offers, and weekly crafts and activities that kids will love!
More patriotic ideas you will love!
- Patriotic deviled eggs – These deviled eggs are perfect for your holiday potluck!
- 3D firecracker craft – Decorate your table with this easy craft.
- Sparkling patriotic rocks – This craft can be done at your party, while you’re waiting for the sun to go down.
If you loved this easy recipe, share it by pinning or sharing on Facebook.
We are thankful for every share! Each time someone shares our posts, our site grows and we are so thankful that we can continue to create unique and simple projects for kids. Know a friend who’d like these 4th of July cookie bars? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your dessert board on Pinterest.