Create flying construction paper ghosts using white construction paper and toilet paper tubes. This simple craft will lead to fun kid-approved Halloween ghost decorations.
Flying Construction Paper Ghosts
Ever since we wrote Construction Paper Crafts for Kids, the ideas of what we can do with this amazing craft supply seem endless!
Some of our most popular crafts are the ones that your kid can play with after they make it. This craft is simple enough for a child to create and they’ll love seeing the flying construction paper ghosts shoot up “in the air”.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
No time to make this ghost craft now? Pin it for later!
If you can’t make this ghost craft now, pin it to your kids’ crafts ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips for making flying paper ghosts.
- You want the paper tube to hide behind your ghost, so make sure the ghost is bigger than the tube.
- Googly eyes are optional but super cute. If you don’t have, just draw them on!
- Place a piece of tape around your string to help keep it from fraying.
- Don’t stop with ghosts, you can create flying bats, flying witches, and jumping spiders!
How to make your ghost craft
Below is our step by step tutorial for creating this ghost craft. Feel free to print it for easy reference.
- Start by placing your cardboard tube on your white piece of paper and drawing a ghost shape around the tube.
- Cut out your ghost shape and add on a couple of googly eyes and a smile!
- Using your hole punch make 4 holes in your cardboard tube. Two on each side, across the tube from each other.
- On one end of the tube press down the ends so the holes fold down.
- Run your string through the folded end of the tube and out the holes on the opposite end.
- Attach a bead to each end of the string.
- Glue the ghost onto the paper tube.
Tape your flying ghosts to a wall or window and let your little one enjoy! Just pull the beads to the side and watch the ghost fly up in into the air!
Are you trying to inspire creativity in your kids? Sign up for the weekly Twitchetts newsletter to get that and more. Get access to free printables, special offers, and weekly crafts and activities that kids will love!Join Here!
More Halloween projects you will love!
- Fine Motor Spider Craft – Grab some pipe cleaners and let your kids string them to make fun spiders.
- Monster Rocks – These monsters are too cute to be scary! Plus they are easy enough for kids to create.
- Paper Witch Craft – Just a few easy shapes, and you have a fun Halloween paper witch.
When to make this non-scary ghost craft
Sometimes you see a craft and think, oh that’s cute! But then you don’t know when you will make it. Here are some ideas for this fun non-scary ghost craft!
- Decorate a wall at a Halloween party.
- Create them as a classroom activity.
- Attach one to your refrigerator to entertain your kiddo while you cook dinner.
If you loved this Halloween craft, share it by pinning or sharing on Facebook.
We are thankful for every share! Each time someone shares our posts, our site grows and we are so thankful that we can continue to create unique and simple projects for kids. Know a friend who’d like this flying construction paper ghosts? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite kid’s craft board on Pinterest.