Create this fun 3D apple tree craft this fall. Use construction paper to create a 3D paper tree and top it with cute paper apples. It’s perfect for back to school, fall, or any time you want an apple craft.
3D Apple Tree Craft
You can dress it up for any season or occasion. We did simple green leaves before and on today’s post we are turning it into a fun 3D apple tree craft!
You can use these construction paper trees for a variety of reasons. We hung our apple trees on the refrigerator. Here are some other fun ideas.
- Decorate a back-to-school bulletin board.
- Attach them to the front of a card for a teacher.
- Use them to talk about the different parts of a fruit tree.
- Hang them around your play room.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
No time to make this 3D construction paper tree? Pin it for later!
If you’re currently in inspiration mode, that’s ok! Pin this to your favorite Pinterest board. That way you’ll be able to grab instructions when you’re ready!
Tips for creating paper trees:
This tree craft is very simple. But here are some tips to help you along the way.
- If you are making a lot of trees, cut the strips and circles ahead of time.
- You don’t need to measure the thickness of the paper strips. Let your child experiment with thin and thick strips.
- If you do not have a paper cutter or circle punch, you can cut the pieces by hand.
- Making this 3d construction paper tree for autumn instead? Cut out orange, yellow, and red leaves. Is it a spring tree you’re looking for? Create some small construction paper flowers. Winter is the easiest. Just leave the branches empty!
- Start by cutting your brown paper into a bunch of long strips. You do not need to measure their thickness, just as long as you have one the width you would like to use for your trunk. Take the trunk strip and cut/tear it in half.
- Use your glue stick to attach one-half to your blue sheet of paper. Set aside the other half of your trunk for later. Now, glue the rest of your strips to the trunk.
- Once all of the strips are attached glue on the other side of the trunk to hide and secure all of your branch ends.
- Pick up a branch and loop it around twice then attach the end to the blue paper with glue. Repeat this with each branch.
- Cut out as many 1″ circles as you would like apples. Each apple will need half of a 1/2″ green circle. Finally, you need one thin strip of green paper.
- Stack your red circles and cut a small indent in the top to create the apple shape. Cut your strip into little stems. Cut your green circles in half.
- Using a glue stick, assemble the apples!
- Trim all of the stems.
- Glue them to your construction paper tree!
If you loved these apple trees, share them by pinning or sharing them on Facebook.
This site wouldn’t be here without shares from people like you, and we are so thankful that you took the time to visit Twitchetts.
Know a friend who is looking for 3D apple tree crafts? Please share this tutorial on Facebook or save it to your favorite board on Pinterest.