This easy 3D paper Christmas tree gets its wow factor from simple spacers that help raise one layer of the tree. This craft is perfect for little fingers that are working on strengthening their fine motor skills. Plus it uses simple supplies. Which makes it great for the classroom.
3D Paper Christmas Tree
This construction paper Christmas tree craft is super easy for little kids to create.
Kids will love how parts of the tree pop off the page.
You can use this holiday craft in several ways.
- Hang them in your playroom or classroom.
- Use them to decorate at a holiday party.
- Create them on half of a sheet of paper and then fold it into a homemade Christmas card.
- Display them on your classroom bulletin board.
Why do we love crafting with construction paper?
Why do we love paper crafts? Because they secretly teach so many important skills for kids.
- Fine motor skills
- Cutting practice
- Following instructions
- and more!
If you’re looking for more ways to inspire your kids, check out our construction paper book!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we may receive an affiliate commission.
No time to make this Christmas tree craft? Pin it for later!
If you’re currently in inspiration mode, that’s ok! Pin this to your favorite Pinterest board. That way you’ll be able to grab instructions when you’re ready!
Tips for creating this preschool Christmas craft:
These Christmas trees are very simple. But here are some tips to help you along the way.
- If you are crafting with a large group, try cutting the pieces ahead of time.
- This is a great craft to use up paper scraps.
- You can use multiple shades of green paper on your tree if you have them.
- You can also use lots of different materials to decorate your tree!
- Green Constuction Paper Scraps
- White Cardstock
- Decorations- Colored Paper Scraps, Sequence, Stickers, etc.
- Foam Spacers
- Glue Stick
- Green Marker
- Hole Punch
- Start cutting your green paper into small pieces for your tree.
- Use a pencil to draw a triangle onto your white sheet of paper.
- Using your glue stick start adding a layer of green paper scraps inside your triangle.
- Add some foam squares around your tree.
- Using a green marker add some extra pine needles around your tree.
- Place more green paper scraps on top of your foam spacers.
- Now decorate your tree! Use a hole punch with colored paper to make ornaments.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
More paper Christmas trees you will love!
- Fringe Christmas Tree – practice those scissor skills with this paper Christmas tree.
- 3D Christmas Tree – This 3D tree pops off the page.
- Zig Zag Tree – The paper zigs and zags to create a unique paper Christmas tree.
If you loved this easy Christmas craft, share it by pinning or sharing on Facebook.
This site wouldn’t be here without shares from people like you, and we are so thankful that you took the time to visit Twitchetts.
Know a friend who is looking for an easy 3D paper Christmas tree? Please share this tutorial on Facebook or save it to your favorite board on Pinterest.