This sweet and spicy cornbread casserole is a great addition to any holiday meal. Combine a bit of honey with a jalapeno and you have a side dish that will wow!
Sweet and Spicey Cornbread Casserole
Last year we were going to a new house for Thanksgiving dinner, with family I had just met a few months before. When they invited us I asked what I could bring. She responded with “the cornbread casserole,” like it was nothing… I had never heard of it!! I didn’t tell her that, I just responded, sure. I Googled it as soon as she left. But couldn’t find one that I loved so I took a little of this and that and created my own sweet and spicy cornbread casserole.
How to make a cream corn casserole:
Mix together your cornbread mix, cream corn, sweet corn (reminder drained), sour cream, cheddar cheese, & egg.
Lightly hand mix ingredients together until wet.
Next, add in your honey
TIP!! While slicing Jalapenos use the produce bag to hold the pepper. The oils won’t get on your skin and no accidental burning of your eyes.
Pour into a 9x13 greased pan (I recommend organic coconut oil) or a cast iron skillet.
Bake in a 350-degree oven for 45mins to an hour. Take it out when it’s golden brown.
We had it with burgers tonight and it has become a favorite for neighborhood cookouts! Goes great with BBQ.
We are going to do the left-overs with chili tomorrow. What is your favorite go-to Thanksgiving side?
- 1 15oz CornBread Mix
- 1 Can Cream Style Sweet Corn
- 1 Can Sweet Corn (drained)
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese (I used white cheddar)
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup Honey
- 1 diced Jalapeno
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together your cornbread mix, cream corn, drained sweet corn, sour cream, cheddar cheese, & egg.
- Lightly hand mix ingredients together until wet.
- Add in your honey & jalapeno
- Pour into a 9x13 greased pan (I recommend organic coconut oil) or a cast iron skillet.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour. Take it out when it's golden brown.